Batman: Arkham City Armored Edition Wii U boxart is bright aquamarine

Thursday, 16th August 2012 17:49 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Box artwork for Batman: Arkham City Armored Edition, which is playable this week at gamescom, has been released by Warner. The Wii U version of the 2011 title will release this holiday and contains the same story and gameplay as the PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 versions. It also contains all available downloadable content, the Battle Armored Tech Mode and the new Armored Suits for both Batman and Catwoman.

1. The_Red

Ok, that looks horrible. What is going on here? The simple blue of previous boxes was ok but this!? Really?

2. Se_7_eN

MY EYES!!!! HELP!

3. DSB

That’s…. Such a great decision. Good for you Nintendo.

4. _LarZen_

It wil make you notice it fast in the stores, smart move!

5. Sylrissa

oh god that colour is horrendous.

6. ManuOtaku

I do like the colour, but understand that is not for everybody, but the thing that stroke me the most out of this news, is that it seems that will be different colour boxes for wii games, besides zelda, that will be a nice touch, not only the consoles but the boxes too, i like it.

7. polygem

i like it too. a lot! now call me a fanboy.

8. kadu

No, this can’t be true. Hahahahahaha :D

9. Sini

that box art border is fucking hideous. They had them perfect in gamecube era.

10. Gnosis

Wow… just.. wow… Srsly, for Batman Arkham City? I’m at a loss for words.

11. ejams

The colour is okay but for Batmam… Lolwut?

12. ManuOtaku

Well the joker uses those colours so i think it fits ;)

13. poketrainer

Obviously won’t be that color when it releases.

I wonder how the blue will look with all the art you can expect from Super Smash Bros 4

I like the blue boxes personally

14. Froseidon

I’ve got to admit, I’m not a fan :P

15. OrbitMonkey

Batman “Come at me bro!” Edition

16. HeavyD-Love

Wii U vs PS3 comparison pic:

17. Hunam

Every cover for Asylum and City has been awful. Whoever is doing them needs to stop.

18. Len

LOL@15, so true.

Looks awful I have to say but at least the game is amazing. :)

19. Clupula

@7 – The guy who used the term “Nintendo magic” likes something Nintendo did. Imagine that!

God, if I had any interest in the system, this would kill it for me. It’s bad enough having to deal with the clashing colors of the old/new/greatest hits games on my PS3, but this is too much.

20. Kabby

Nintendo magic… mushrooms.

21. Digital Bamboo

Looks like the color was inspired by the electricity circulating around Batman’s gauntlets on the cover.

Perhaps some marketing genius thought that the player might feel similarly “electrified” when they picked up the game box?

Seems to me that black might be more suitable for Batman, but I guess they’re more interested in drawing attention to the medium (WiiU) than the individual product.

22. Phoenixblight

I don’t see a difference of the Jokers at least not enough for someone to pick up the system because its the best eye candy. As for the suit is that even the same batman suit? It doesn’t look like it. It look more metallic ie shiny. I prefer the PS3 version of the suit. THose pics aren’t doing for the system.

I would be more interested to see what is done with the console and the new controller than the eye candy.

23. polygem

@20: man you really must be 15 or so…if you would be interested in the system a gamebox color would kill it for you? really? i´d understand if you´d say, the marketing, online model, the lack of games you like, hell even that you dislike the controller of a system to some degree, makes you not interested in a system…but the color of a box? that just proves that you seriously should open your mind a little. i personally love colors (my body is heavily tattooed with blackwork, i admit that i might have to compensate a little;) but i truly like the design of this box as well as the idea of different colored boxes, so i say it here- what should i do? pretend that i don´t like it because kids like you think it´s not cool?
    @21: