EA has released a new iteration of the Origin client, bringing it to version 9.0. The new version fixes a couple of bugs, notably the FIFA 12 invitation issue, but also introduces a number of cosmetic updates like moving the friends list and letting you hide it should you wish to. The update should be applied automatically next time you restart Origin. See the full patch notes through the break.
Origin 9.0 Patch Notes
- Updated the look and feel of the My Games tab.
- Updated game tiles with high resolution box art.
- Added a slider allowing users to resize game tiles.
- Moved the Download, Install, and Play buttons into game-specific mouseover windows.
- Changed the Mark as Favorite button to a star icon.
- Added new sorting options to the My Games tab.
- Added a refresh button to the My Games tab.
- Moved the Friends List into a standalone window.
- Added the ability to hide the Friends List.
- Added a button to the navigation bar that shows the Friends List if it’s hidden.
- Added new navigation options to the Origin system tray menu.
- Configured the Order History page to display both web and client purchases.
- Added new title bars to a number of windows.
- Improved overall performance of the Origin client.
- Fixed an issue that was keeping some users from being able to patch properly.
- Fixed an issue that was blocking FIFA 12 invites from being sent for some users.
- Additional miscellaneous bug fixes.
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.