Assassin’s Creed III trailer shows off AnvilNext engine

Thursday, 2nd August 2012 17:01 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Ubisoft has released a new Assassin’s Creed III trailer focussing on the game’s new engine, AnvilNext. It’s below. Assassin’s Creed III launches at the end of October on PS3 and Xbox 360, is expected on PC by the end of the year, and Wii U sometime around launch of the console.

1. freedoms_stain

Will I still have to hold down 3 buttons to sprint?

2. Edo

@1 Yep,it was awkward at first but I got use to it especially since I set it up beautifully on my keyboard+mouse..up arrow + delete and end :) .

3. Giskard

Looks beautiful. Let’s hope the gameplay is on par with the looks.

4. Erthazus

I don’t see the difference between last Assassins Creed games and this except for better animations.

Everything else looks ok.

5. freedoms_stain

@2, I have played all the AC games with a gamepad, it seems insane to me that I have to hold a button to run and another to sprint when I have a damned analogue stick which is capable of analogue input, i.e. I push the stick half way, I walk, I push the stick all the way, I run. I can understand having a separate button for sprint, I just wish it wasn’t also an auto-jump and auto-scramble button.

6. HeavyD-Love

Finally….they do what should have been done years ago….change it up….looks good.

7. Len

Who is doing that voice over, sounds like they’re on the edge of taking the piss to me? In fact sounds like the bloke who does the bf3 best of things.

As for the game, just can’t really get excited about it for some reason. Looks ok but nowt special.

8. Moonwalker1982

They should have the guy that did the voice for the RDR documentaries and Max Payne 3.

9. Stavrosmct

It looks great but really need to sort out the controlls with some of the moves etc – you do sometimes catch yourself button tapping like a 6 year old playing Strret fighter on the super nes. Should be good though!
    @Stavrosmct