Need for Speed: Most Wanted video races through the streets of Fairhaven City

Friday, 27th July 2012 18:23 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Criterion has released a new Need for Speed: Most Wanted insider video walkthrough for the racer. It shows the various locales in Fairhaven City, and plenty of racing and chases. If you look closely at the end of it, you’ll see the Xbox 360 disc box for it contains a purple banner which is usually reserved for game’s with Kinect capabilities (via Videogamer). Could be mistake, could not, as EA has yet to announced anything pertaining to Kinect for it. Still, take it however you like. It’s out on October 30 in the US and November 1 in Europe for 360, PS3, Vita, PC, iOS and Android.

1. KrazyKraut

dont waste ya time folks, its the same demo they showed on e3.. :((((

2. OlderGamer

Too damn fast. I think Criterion did a great job for the Burnout games. But the same over clocked speed and slipery controls completly turn me off in other games. It ruined Hot Pursuit for me. It is a typical bs move you find in many racers today. You fight against the physics and control rather then fight against quilty AI on the race track.

Not a fan. Not outside of something like Burnout or Flatout anyways.

3. Sadismek

I, for one, love the looks of it. I can’t remember since I’ve been so interested in a NFS title. I love crazy racing games, although I don’t go away from hardcores, like RACE or any simbin simulators (although I completely suck at them :P)

4. Gigabomber

@1 yeah, it’s pretty old, but still pretty good.

5. DSB

I don’t really like it either. It has very little to do with racing, and while it was good fun to see things go by really fast and crash your car in the original Burnouts, the gimmick has pretty much run its course.

Until they’re able to add a bit more to that, it’s just not interesting. If anything, I think they’ve gone backwards from the Burnout series. It had those fun minigames and some challenging courses.

These games have a lot more to do with Wipeout or futuristic pod games than anything to do with cars.

At the very least I want to be able to feel like the car actually has wheels in a racing game.

6. Stephany Nunneley

Apparently, the 360 box shown at the end of the video has a purple banner, which usually denotes a title with Kinect capabilities. Could be a mistake on the video maker’s end, could be EA has something to announce. Either way the post has been updated as such. Just an FYI.

7. OlderGamer

^^Could also explain the squirly controls.