World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria out September 25

Wednesday, 25th July 2012 14:09 GMT By Patrick Garratt

Mists of Pandaria, the latest WoW expansion, will release on September 25, Blizzard said today.

The fourth expansion for the world’s greatest subs-based MMO will retail for £30.

A Collector’s Edition will be available exclusively at retail for £60.

In addition, for the first time, WoW players have the option to purchase a Digital Deluxe version of the expansion, containing the in-game bonus items from the Collector’s Edition. It’ll be available to download directly from Blizzard for £40.

Players who purchase the standard edition digitally or at retail will have the option to upgrade to the Digital Deluxe version at any time (for as long as the standalone Digital Deluxe version remains available) for an additional £10.

Pre-sales for the standard digital and Digital Deluxe versions of Mists of Pandaria are now live.

The expansion content will automatically be digitally delivered to pre-purchasers via World of Warcraft’s streaming launcher prior to the release of Mists of Pandaria.

1. OlderGamer

Much sooner then I thought. Good news, I guess. I am a bit bored right now of the game. Time for a break. Maybe till Sept 25th.

2. DSB

This is gonna be the first one where I resist the temptation to drop back in and have a look.

(I hope….)

3. OlderGamer

Good luck!

I know what you mean tho. I have put countless hours into the game over the years. And still enjoy new content. But I don’t enjoy the end game grind. Just kind of burnt out on it at the moment.

I have spent some time with the Beta, it isn’t bad. Some neat changes, nothing earth shattering. In the end just more of the same stuff I am already needing a break from.

Maybe I will be playing Guild Wars 2 all of the time when this expac hits.

4. DSB

I ended up taking the bait on The Secret World, but that was just a waste of money. It wore itself out pretty quick. Funcom has some amazing artists, but the rest is just the same old crap, with a few terrible oversights.

I don’t know if I can be arsed to try GW2 at this point. MMOs are going absolutely nowhere. I’d much rather grab a singleplayer game with some substance instead of mindlessly grinding until my brain is atrophied, while developers try to force me into micro-transactions.

Waiting for a real gamechanger I guess.

5. viralshag

@DSB, Is Secret World no good then? I was somewhat tempted to try it as people here seemed positive on release. I personally thought it was absolutely shocking when I played the beta.

I know you and I have a couple of conversations on the temptation of going back to WoW – which normally ends in you saying “Don’t do it!” and me actually listening – but even with this exp I don’t feel the need to. TOR is more than filling my WoW-esque MMO needs and the multiple stories is enough to keep me interested at the moment.

With regards to GW2, I know a lot of people say it’s totally fresh and new but I personally don’t see it. If you’re tired of current MMOs (grinding mobs, hitting buttons 1-6 on action bars, endless running) then I think you will burn out on GW2 pretty quickly too. That’s my honest opinion of it anyway.

6. Phoenixblight

Secret World is not that good of a MMO it adds nothing really new to the game except the investigations which I don’t think is enough for the game and a sub. The environments are really good and would get to high level just to explore those but again I don’t think its worth the game and a sub.

7. DSB

It’s not bad, it’s just totally unremarkable.

I’m sure there’s going to be a trial at some point.

Beyond the truly great art, there’s really no reason why you’d ever have to play it, especially when you can just play Champions Online.

They try to innovate a little on quests by using riddles and adventure style exploration, but aside from Champions already having done all of that, it’s just a grind with a few quests thrown in that take significantly longer to figure out, which isn’t always a plus.

I wouldn’t discourage anyone from playing it. It’s certainly Funcom at the best they’ve been since Anarchy Online, but it just doesn’t bring anything new to the table.

@6 Yeah, and now that I think about it, there was actually an investigation quest in Champions too where you had to track down a coven trying to summon demons into the big city hub.

It just kinda brings home how limited the mechanics are, and how little these developers are able to do with those games.

8. GwynbleiddiuM

Well, goodbye GW2 then, since there’s a month worth of play time I just skip over GW2 for now as I am yet to be done with WoW.

9. elitegamer

wow i am fan of WOW.going to wait for september and will but it as soon as it come out :)

Battlefield 4 to be released on Xbox 720 and PS4 http://bit.ly/NuJkgd

10. Hunam

I am actually going to give up swtor and get this, just because of the Pandas.

11. Kabby

You are the 1%.

12. TheWulf

Well, I’ll be playing Guild Wars 2 when this rolls around and not really caring. Great lore and an interesting setting actually matter a lot to me, and WoW is just a massive joke. Everyone knows this.

Also, really, it’s coming out at the same time that Torchlight II supposedly is?

Way to be dicks, guys. Way to be dicks. This will likely pressure Runic Games to push their release date back further. As if we didn’t already have enough reasons to dislike these shits after the Diablo III fiasco.

It’s like they’re doing it on purpose. Using their WoW weapon to fuck up the Diablo III competition, so those disenfranchised Diablo III players will just go hop on pandas and never even realise that there was a better game waiting for them.

Excuse me whilst I add this to the humongous ‘Reasons to hate Blizzard’ pile.

13. TheWulf

Also, I can’t take viralshag seriously because he hates GW2 with a burning passion. He makes irrational hate posts on it wherever he’s able. I just smell a butthurt TOR fan with cognitive dissonance coming out the wazoo. Anyone who’s actually played the game says it’s fantastic.

TotalBiscuit reckons it’s a bloody brilliant game, and he hates buying into hype. See here for a very objective view on Guild Wars 2.

Really, viralshag, you’re a nobody. If TotalBiscuit said that GW2 was shit then I’d sit up and pay attention. But you’re just some guy running around posting hate on forums. I know that because I’ve been that guy myself, but TotalBiscuit is known and respected.

I’d take his word over yours any day of the year.

Also, it’s 1-5 or 1-0 depending on which aspect of the mechanics you’re talking about. At least get your fucking facts straight. That you can’t even get the simplest thing right about the game you’re bashing just makes you look pathetic. :|

14. Phoenixblight

Deal not everyone likes the same game you do and so what if TotalBiscuit says its awesome he is just a guy with his own opinions just like viral. He bought a game listening to the hype. Tried and disliked it. I would be pretty pissed too if I bought a game and can’t return it because it is complete shit.

15. viralshag

@13, Whether you would take my word seriously or not means absolutely nothing to me. And the fact you would assume I’m a butthurt fan of some other MMO is really just the saddest, oldest shot in the book.

“Oh, don’t like this game I *really* love with a burning passion? Must be a butthurt [insert MMO I don't like] fan.”

Considering that you post irrational comments complementing GW2 for doing pretty much anything better than any other game out there – in articles that could be completely unrelated to GW2 – and you can’t seem to handle someone disliking the game, you’ll have to forgive me for not being able to take you’re word seriously.

16. Hybridpsycho

Yeah, WoW lore…massive joke.

Not sure if troll or stupid. Most people who say that haven’t even bothered with the lore. The world is massive and there’s tons of stuff to find if you just want to look. Hundreds of interesting stories that are not part of each main “Expansion story”.

Great MMO fan here, I’ve played most MMOs that were released over the past 10 years. I’ve enjoyed the majority of them to a certain extent, and some just plain sucked.
    No other game has yet to provide the great universe nor the mass open world (except Tera, GREAT world), that WoW provides people with.

Also, GW2 beta was kinda boring (might play it some time with friends). Played closed and a few opening. Only really diffrent part was the story telling.
    Don’t give me the “dynamic quest” bullshit speech, it’s the same as in other MMOs.

Give something new and interesting, like Blade & Soul!