Warner to announce new games at gamescom, one a “major release”

Tuesday, 24th July 2012 15:39 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Warner Bros. has announced its gamescom will include two announcements regarding “new games”, one of which will be a “major release”. Nice. The games coming along in the firm’s pack to the event will include: Batman Arkham City: Armoured Edition, Injustice: Gods Among Us, LEGO: Lord of the Rings, Lord of the Rings Online, and Guardians of Middle-Earth. gamescom takes place August 15 ā€“ 19 in Cologne, Germany. Thanks, Gamers Globe.

1. Takeshi

Batman 3? Sure would be nice to know what exactly Rocksteady’s new project will be.

2. Maximum Payne

@1 Probably.

3. YoungZer0

If it’s actually Batman, i hope it’s a game based on the Dark Knight Universe by Christopher Nolan. One that would play between The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises. After all there are 8 years between the two films.

4. friendlydave

@3 Isn’t the current rumour that Rocksteady’s next Batman is based in the Silver age? But I guess it is just that, a rumour.

I’m hoping for a more Adam west/bright colours/funky melody’s sort of Batman.

5. Edo

I hope that Rocksteady will finish what they have started and I really believe that those Silver age rumours are just that..rumours.

6. Gheritt White

:-O

7. The_Red

It’s probably Batman 3 but I’m still rooting for the day that Rocksteady starts working on a TMNT game starring Rocksteady. If they can do what they did for Batman (AKA making THE best superhero game of all time) then why not the awesome turtles (Before Micheal Bay and his team ruin them forever).

8. Cozzy

I hope it’s a new Batman. Loved Arkham Asylum and Arkham City.

9. Anders

I hope Rocksteady will announce a non-Batman game. I loved both Batman: AA and Batman: AC, but at this point, I would be more interested in what they could do with a original IP.

10. AHA-Lambda

Another batman game would be more than welcome :D

11. Fin

I can’t see where a new Batman game’d fit in at the moment – unless they did a sim-ship for cur and next gen in late 2013.

12. Gheritt White

Galactic Taz Ball 2, maybe? Or a sequel to The Clique, perhaps?

13. Herlock

Man of Steel

14. Moonwalker1982

The back to the 60′s Batman, could be it. I just hope it won’t be as cheesy as that tv show…that would be horrible.

15. Gheritt White

Could it be… Suicide Squad? PleaseOhPleaseOhPlease.

16. drewbles82

@3 Batman isnt around in those 8years. After Dent dies, he basically quits/retires.