Watch a condensed version of The Last of Us Comic-Con panel

Tuesday, 17th July 2012 21:47 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Sony has posted a condensed look at its The Last of Us panel from Comic Con. Watch below creative director, Neil Druckmann, and game director, Bruce Straley, discuss various game inspirations, the characters, and the “plausible science” behind the game. Actor Troy Baker (Joel) and actress Ashley Johnson (Ellie) also comment on their performance capture experiences and actor W. Earl Brown was introduced in a new cinematic as Bill. The title from Naughty Dog will release next year as a PS3 exclusive.

1. Coheno

You can also watch the whole thing at gamespot…

2. Erthazus

When that guy said that they are not making a game or a movie, just creating something new aka Interactive experience… something is wrong here.

It’s a videogame and it should be a GAME. No?

3. djjoejoe

@Erthazus: He’s imply he wants to get away from traditional ‘videogame’ type stuff. Not that it won’t be a game… All games or most are trying to move this way and I enjoy them more for it, I don’t like high scores and blatant mechanics, I want the fact that it’s a game to melt away and I just wanna experience whatever is going on in the game as if I was whatever character they’ve set me up to be or watch.

@Coheno: Where can I see this in full? I looked around Gamespot a bit but it’s not on the game’s page from what I can tell (nothing is labeled as comic-con panel other than the trailer that was released a while ago everwhere).

4. Gekidami

^

5. Erthazus

“blatant mechanics”

So basically not playing a game. You should find a different hobby than.