Rockstar Vancouver merged into Toronto team

Tuesday, 10th July 2012 00:58 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Take Two Interactive has announced a studio shuffle within Rockstar Games.

Rockstar Vancouver, which led multi-studio development of Max Payne 3 as well as producing Bully, will be closed; the 35-man team will relocate to join colleagues from Rockstar Toronto.

The two teams will function as one under the Toronto appellation in a new, larger office location.

The move seems to be a way of consolidating Rockstar’s Canadian development efforts rather than a closure of any kind, as Rockstar expects to employ more staff as a result, and the move was made in collaboration with the Ontario government on undisclosed financial terms.

The shuffle is not expected to have much impact on Rockstar’s development process, which regularly involves teams from half a dozen studios working collaboratively on single releases.

1. Se_7_eN

Max Payne 3 really deserved more IMO… Great story telling, fun gameplay with quite a bit of length, beautiful environments and a true sequel to Max Payne.

Kinda makes me sad :(

2. Maximum Payne

Bully was also great game.
    I guess Max Payne cost too much how long they had develop it.

3. Erthazus

“true sequel to Max Payne.”

“Great story telling”

Yeah right lol. Not even close.

4. AHA-Lambda

well this is what you get when you need 4 million to break even. I said at the time this game wouldn’t be a success when you consider that info. Don’t know wtf R* were thinking.

5. Maximum Payne

@3 Still better story and story telling then 95% of other shooters.

6. AHA-Lambda

@5 – I wouldn’t say that’s a high bar, Max Payne 3 did have a pretty dismal and badly told story.

7. Se_7_eN

@Erth – The great thing about me saying “IMO” before my statement, is that when stupid dickheads like you come in and disagree (Like you do with EVERYONE) I can say… “Again, IN MY OPINION”.

But I highly doubt you even played the game, just trolling to troll.