Medal of Honor: Warfighter single-player footage from E3 shines

Thursday, 21st June 2012 19:11 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Below the break is the single-player demo for Medal of Honor: Warfighter which was show at E3 a couple weeks ago. This time, you don’t have to look at anyone playing it, only the screen which shows men running and things exploding. Enjoy. Game’s out October 26.

1. DSB

What kind of build is that? I think the first one looked a lot better.

Judging from the insane glare, I would say the sun must have recently exploded, which leads me to believe that they’re either invading a distant solar system, or using the Frostbite engine. Si?

2. Edo

@1 Frostbite engine confirmed,stay frosty!

3. Maximum Payne

It can’t be worse then BF3 campaign. Right ?

4. roadkill

The Battlefield 3 campaign was mint. This doesn’t look too bad either. If only it was a bit more realistic.. a sniper only has to shoot and hit once to take you out. But what can you do when you design a game for a console user!? He can’t take cover so.. just add 1000% more hit ponits and he’ll be good to go.

5. TMRNetShark

@4 It’s a video game… if someone wanted realism… play Arma 2. :P

As for the massive amount of glare… GEEZ. Remember when BF3 first came out in multiplayer? The glare from your teammates flashlights got you killed more times than the enemies flashlights XD

6. YoungZer0

Hm, gotta admit that looks lovely. Looks like they are also trying a few new things. Love the hit detection. Very intense.

7. DSB

@6 Dude, it looks almost exactly like CoD.

I like CoD, but even I am put off by how much this looks like CoD :P

There’s a mission in Modern Warfare 3 that goes almost exactly like that.

Fight baddies, breach door, control robot, extract. Just change the setting to Russia.

And of course the guy gets shot within the first 5 seconds. That happens at least three times in every CoD game nowadays.

8. OrbitMonkey

PC footage right? Gotta love the way EA put out these PC footage films… Then you put the disc in your console and wonder where all the colour went…

9. YoungZer0

@7: I know, i played it, but i … i enjoy watching this more than i enjoyed playing that part. I really liked the first MoH, while this gameplay footage doesn’t make me want to buy it, MoH 2 definitely got my attention now. The only thing that bothers me is the fact that they crouch down in water, dipping their rifles into it.

10. G1GAHURTZ

Oooooh…

Soooo authentic.

Pffft.

Totally ironic that they’re trying to sell this as being “authentic”, because it’s such a blatant attempted CoD rip off.

Anyway, now I really understand what the Gamespot journo was going on about. The guy gets shot a hundred times (by a sniper!) in this and just carries on like the bullets are buzzing flies!

But debating the accuracy of all claims of authticity aside; this copy/paste, been there, done that game has ‘flop’ written all over it.

11. roadkill

@5 And Arma 2 is not a video game? :))

@7 It’s not exactly like CoD. It’s something in between CoD and BF but I don’t think we can form a definite opinion from one single player mission. We need to see more. We also need to multiplayer. I’m very curious about that.

@8 That is not PC footage. Or if it is, the player is not using a mouse and a keyboard. He/she is using a gamepad.