Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 announced and trailered

Friday, 1st June 2012 06:10 GMT By Brenna Hillier

The long-expected sequel to Castlevania: Lords of Shadow was finally made official on GT.TV’s pre-E3 episode.

The sequel, called simply Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2, is as yet known only by its title; host Geoff Keighley said the game is currently in development for 2013 release.

An initial, cinematic trailer showed a huge army marching on a baroque castle, only to be met by what appeared to be the former game’s protagonist, Gabriel Belmont.

Belmont was seen taking on a huge golem like creature, including in the form of giant bird made of fog.

A mysterious figure at the end of the trailer hinted at other members of the Belmont family making an appearance.

The announcement was leaked earlier in the day.

1. Ali Hayas

Damn, 2012 was supposed to be the year of this gen’s gaming but not anymore. The only game I have enjoyed so far is Max Payne 3 and most of the heavy hitters were pushed to 2013.

Problem is that, the only games I am really waiting for would hit in Semp. What an empty summer vacation it will be.

2. Ireland Michael

Is that character at the end who I think it is?

Bloody awesome trailer. Can’t freakin’ wait.

3. Erthazus

Looks very cool.

4. Telepathic.Geometry

Who do you think it is? I haven’t got a clue…

5. Ireland Michael

@4 I’d rather not say for fear of spoiling the surprise for those who haven’t watched it yet.

Let’s just say he’s very popular in the franchise, and instantly recognizable to any long term fans. I’m really, really curious about whose going to end up voicing him.

6. JimFear-666

cant wait!

7. Gekidami

Long white hair, big sword… Clearly its Sephiroth.

8. Ireland Michael

@7 I laughed. A lot.

9. xino

lol..sick stuff!

Onimusha trailer remembrance anyone?

who is the guy at the end?

10. Ireland Michael

@9 Someone popular in the franchise. Google it.

11. manamana

Finally! Great stuff and reminds me that I need to finish the first one. Btw. Is that Soma Cruz at the end? Edit: judging by the long hair, it’s probably Alucard…

12. Ireland Michael

@11 No. Soma Cruz was the reincarnated soul of Dracula, and his story was set during modern times. This is much farther back in the story, I would imagine.

13. KAP

Oh my fucking god. Take all my gold.

btw there s great video on youtube that’ll explain the whole castlevania lore and history plus also explains who that mysteries figure is in this trailer. Check it out dude… http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdR6psw1ZLc

It also explains why long time fans of the series are so jaded on 3D Castlevania games. Which, by its trackrecord is understandable but LOS is in my opinion one of the best games I have ever played in my whole gaming life.. and thats saying something because I’m only 4yrs old.

14. MissOblivion

Awesome! I can’t wait for this to be in my collection. Hope its as good.

15. The_Red

Isn’t the white haired dude Alucard? Also, sick trailer.

16. manamana

@13 nice link. Speaking of the Castlevania series, the best titles for me is the first, as I have fond memories especially with that title and Order of Ecclesia. I hope mirror of Fate on the 3DS is a 2.5D game…

17. matirishhh

#16 yes it is 2,5D

Epic Trailer

18. lexph3re

Wow! Alu…. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHwowHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHcardHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!
    D1B!

19. xino

shut your mouth, prick

20. manamana

@17 holy clusterfuck, it must come in 2012, it must! Aargh!

21. zeus019

is that Hector ?????????? awesome trailer .. :)