Rumour: Quantic Dream to show next project at E3

Monday, 28th May 2012 20:38 GMT By Debabrata Nath

New CVG associate editor Rob Crossley is reporting Heavy Rain and Fahrenheit developer Quantic Dream will announce its next game at the Sony E3 press conference next week.

Studio co-founder David Cage will apparently make an appearance during the conference and announce the studio’s next game with a teaser.

According to the report, the studio’s also working on two other mystery projects for Sony, but it’s unclear whether both are being developed for PlayStation 3 or elsewhere.

Quantic showed tech demo Kara at GDC back in March, showing the tech that would its next new project.

Sony’s E3 press conference takes place next Monday, June 4 at the Los Angeles Memorial Sports Arena. We’ll be there live.

Thanks, Dark.

1. albo88

as in Heavy Rain great well made charters poor textures and so on blur all over so yeah nothing new here

2. daytripper

Hopefully the writing and voice acting is much better

3. Razor

And the story.

4. Moonwalker1982

If this means a new game similar to Heavy Rain, sign me up!!! But but but….if they actually can put some more gameplay and control over your character in this, it wouldn’t hurt it.

5. The_Red

Now THAT would be awesome. With Respawn and Bungie games absent from E3 (Or at least from the public), very few promising devs with unannounced games remain.

6. loki

very good rumor

7. KAP

David Cage is well ahead of his time in terms of ideas. I personal dont think the industry is ready for it. Ideas that range from adult sentric game with character driven story etc just wont resinate as well as a space marine shooting aliens or marines saving another the western world from terrorist. Again.

FPS’s on the other hand, no one on here will have anything bad to say as usual.

Cage, do your thing dude, I’m a huge fan of your work I only wish there were more like you in the gaming industry.

8. Gekidami

I just hope they evade keeping stuff in the game that relates to scenes they cut. In Heavy Rain Ethan had those black outs which was because he was meant to have a ‘connection’ to the killer… But the whole connection part was axed, so Ethan just blacked out, for no understandable reason.

Also, get an American to help with the script, there were parts in Heavy Rain where you could really tell it was written in English American dialect by a French guy who wasnt all that familiar with it.

9. Moonwalker1982

I AM ready for that though, i’ve had it with space marines and nonsense like that :D. I hope this rumour is true, soon we’ll find out.

10. TD_Monstrous69

PLEASE, PLEASE, I HOPE THIS IS TRUE!!!

11. speedxl01

Just 7 days more… I can’t wait hehe.

12. Da Man

#7 your post reminds me of 35 y o band fans, confronting rappers. Rock on, brah..

Point and click adventures were around about 20 years ago.