Batman: Arkham City teaser for Harley Quinn’s Revenge released

Thursday, 10th May 2012 16:30 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

A teaser trailer for the Harley Quinn’s Revenge DLC for Batman: Arkham City is posted below courtesy of AGB. Players will be tasked with stopping Harley’s plan to shut down the gates of heavily fortified Arkham City super prison. The DLC will land on PS3 in the US on May 29, and on Xbox 360 and European PSN territories on May 30.

1. YoungZer0

Did her ass got bigger and her waist thinner? And really, did we need that ass-shot?

God, Rocksteady really needs to get their shit together.

2. Ali Hayas

Not a fan. The studio puts efforts where they aren’t due.

3. Takeshi

@1: Yes, we did!

Maybe I am being overly exited for this since it’s the first DLC for Arkham City that I am interested in. I hope the “two hours” is a bit on the wrong side since I’d love to be immersed longer in Arkham City.

Can I wish for more single-player DLC before they move onto Arkham World? Sure would be nice, I haven’t had much to do since I beat the game and all the side missions. Hmm, actually haven’t caught the Riddler. Maybe it’s time to suit up again!

Hmm, AC was announced at the VGAs 2009, and AS was released in 2009. I wonder if Rocksteady is just taking a longer time to announce their next project because there’s more DLC for AC.

It would be nice to see an announcement from them at E3.

4. osric90

I like girls, I like asses, I like Harley Quinn. I love this video. I love Arkham City.

5. YoungZer0

@4: I like women, i like asses, i don’t like sexism.

6. Mineral4r7s

@5 dont start that discussion. Its a rabbit hole.

7. Edo

I like it like there s’also a “Game for Windows ” at the end of the teaser and yet they don’t have a common decency to tell us when will the PC version of this DLC be released.

8. DSB

@5 I’m sure it must be really degrading to be seen as a gorgeous, sexy and tough woman.

9. Ireland Michael

@5 There’s nothing funnier than seeing guys playing the white knight to things that don’t even bother most woman. Contrary to popular belief, plenty of woman do actually like to be seen as sexy.

This is unnecessary sexism: http://thefightingconnection.com/sites/default/files/pictures/ivy-valentine-soul-calibur-iv-picture.jpg

This trailer doesn’t even come close. If anything, this is Harley’s least sexualised appearance in the Arkham series so far.

Just in case you needed a reminder what she looked like in the first game, here you go…

10. YoungZer0

@6: We’ve had a lot of those discussions here on VG247. Also some well-written articles by VG247. Maybe some of you have read it, probably most of you ignored it. Sexism is there and this is one of those moments where it shines through. It’s small, but you’d have to be blind to not see it.

The ass-shot is completely unnecessary, so why is it there? Because some moronic marketing people who still seem to live in the 50′s think that sex sells? It adds NOTHING. I mean studies have already shown that sex attracts, but doesn’t sell shit.

I wouldn’t be so mad about it, if it wasn’t for the fact that Arkham City already overdid it with Arkham City. There were many articles about what was wrong with Catwoman.

@8: Tough. Really? :)

@9: Snore. Yeah, i guess i can’t expect some people to understand the problem. You really think this is about her being sexy?

Your last sentence just confirms what i’ve just said about Rocksteady having problems.

11. Ireland Michael

@10 I understand the issue just fine, thanks.

I also understand the concept of “making mountains of molehills”.

There’s a big difference between sexy and sexist. This doesn’t even come close to sexist.

12. YoungZer0

@11: It definitely doesn’t help. Tell me, was there any reason to show off her ass? Any at all? If not, what’s the point?

Edit: Oh and if it was supposed to be sexy, why do they keep using a man for the motion capture?

Don’t answer that.

13. Ireland Michael

@12 So any woman who wears tight jeans because they think they look good is an insult to her gender then?

14. YoungZer0

@13: What’s wrong, Michael, i thought you said you understood the issue just fine? Why would you ask me such a stupid question?

15. DSB

@10 She has a gang. She has a gun. She’s confident. She shoots a guy. She fights Batman.

If she was writhing on a bed telling you to buy the game, I could see that as exploitation, but I personally know a lot of women who would love to be all of the things that she embodies in that video, and who certainly admire it.

There’s a big difference between being offended by sexual imagery, and making a case for actual sexism.

Sex is one of the most basic things there is. So is violence. I think it would be weird if those things didn’t feature prominently in entertainment.

Personally I don’t see anything even slightly degrading. A lot of women love having their asses looked at, they buy clothes for that very purpose, and asserting that right is actually a very prominent part of modern feminism. Slut walks anyone?

Actually, it would be a lot more degrading, and certainly sexist, if she should somehow feel ashamed for showing off her ass, or if the subtext was that she was somehow worth less as a woman for doing it. I say flaunt it if you got it.

16. Ireland Michael

@14 DSB explained it much more succinctly.

17. YoungZer0

@15: Yeah, i don’t see that. She has a gun and shoots, doesn’t sell me any confidence. Then again, i know her character from the comics, which is probably another reason why i’m so pissed about that.

Maybe i over did it with using the word sexism, but i don’t thing my point is wrong (i think it’s also fair to say that Arkham City’s Catwoman is a great example of what’s wrong in media now). Her ass-hot isn’t degrading, it’s just unecessary. It makes matters worse for no fucking reason. I’m just so fucking tired of sex being used for marketing purpose.

I mean wouldn’t it be better to, i dunno, have her talk about how Batman will suffer for what he took from her or whatever? You show her off as a “strong” woman in one shot but also show off her ass because … why exactly? So we could find her sexy? Isn’t that our job?

Again, my point is not that it’s on the same level as female characters in fighting games, but that it’s unnecessary.

Just. Fucking. Unnecessary.

“I personally know a lot of women who would love to be all of the things that she embodies in that video, and who certainly admire it.”

Yeah, well there are also a lot of women who want to be like Paris Hilton. :/ Doesn’t say anything.