Thu, May 03, 2012 | 06:56 BST
Free Dungeons of Dredmor DLC adds Steam Workshop support
In a free expansion called You Have To Name The Expansion, Dungeons of Dredmor will add full Steam Workshop support for its flourishing mod scene.
The indie rogue-like seems to be just the third game to embrace Workshop integration, but it’s a good choice to get the ball rolling; the new content pack was actually built largely by modders.
As well as enabling all sorts of user-generated content, Gaslamp said the pack adds:
- Battle Geology, a wizard-like warrior skill with earth-shattering consequences by the terribly mysterious Null (how mysterious? terribly.)
- Clockwork Knight and Rogue Scientist, a pair of crafty steampunk skill lines by the too-clever-by-half Ruigi
- Warlockery, the wizard skill for wizards who would rather by warriors, by the utterly mad Essence — he wrote over 500 lines of xml for one spell.
- A mess of twisty little rooms, all different, created by the deranged architect our mortal speech renders “Bergstrom“; The geometry is all wrong.
- And to inhabit the renovated Dungeons of Dredmor we’ve summoned a pack of new monster variations dug up by one FaxCelestis, from the existentially troubling Poorly Cloned Hero to the lofty Diggle Rocketeer.
- Naturally there are some new items and other such nonsense happening which you’ll have to discover on your own.
Gaslamp Games hasn’t dated the expansion beyond “very soon”, but players are invited to apply for beta access on its IRC channel. Unfortunately, only Steam users will have access to the free expansion.