24′s Annie Wersching joins The Last of Us cast

Saturday, 28th April 2012 13:11 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Annie Wersching has joined the cast of The Last of Us, according to creative director Neil Druckmann. Wersching, who played Renee Walker in Seasons 7 and 8 of 24, joined the cast this week according to Druckmann. “Alright, Naughty Dog fans, go follow @Wersching, who kicked all sorts of ass this week as the newest member of The Last of Us family,” he said in a tweet. The only confirmed cast for the game until now were leads Troy Baker as Joel and Ashley Johnson as Ellie.

The new Naughty Dog IP launches either later this year or early next year for PS3.

1. Ali Hayas

I don’t really find this IP to be appealing to me. It is great to see them working on another Franchise, but in many ways, the ip seems and feels to be a darker take on Uncharted minus a few key elements. Loved UC1 , got stunned by 2 and for what it is worth liked UC3.

I just don’t find them to be amazing when it comes to their stories, sure the script and Sully’s character are very fun to watch and all but the rest is just what an average adventure game has.

2. Maximum Payne

She is probably going to be amazing just like Freddie Prinze, Jr. in Mass Effect 3(also in 24)
    I really hope some day we get proper 24 game :(

3. Hunam

She was great in Season 7 of 24, really made that season. Not so much in S8 when the writers just invented an ill fitting back story and changed the character into something else. She was great, her character in S8 was just awful.

4. Maximum Payne

@3 I think that is point,developing and evolving character.
    That is why I love the show.Bauer told her :”make choices you can live with…” and she though she could do it like Bauer( when she torched Alan Wilson to find more co-conspirators) but obviously she wasn’t strong enough.

5. Hunam

I get that, I expected her to be a little more brutal in S8, but the back story they added where she was a mole in the Russian Mafia and the things that happened to her didn’t fit with the character as she was in S7, as those events took place before S7. So they wrote it around that back story which just seemed to make her a different character than building on the character as she was in S7.

6. Takeshi

So is she going to be a main or secondary cast member? I haven’t seen Annie in anything since 24 so it’ll be nice. Really came to like her character on 24.