Thu, Apr 05, 2012 | 21:04 BST
Ghost Recon: Future Solider console multiplayer beta starts April 19
Ubisoft has announced a Ghost Recon: Future Soldier multiplayer beta will run from April 19 until May 2 on PS3 and Xbox 360. In addition, the firm has also announced the Ghost Recon Network.
In the multiplayer beta, up to twelve players will have the opportunity to choose from three classes and trail two different modes:
- Description: players battle to complete objectives located throughout the map and earn points, the team with the most points at the end of the round wins
- Game session: 1 round of 15 minutes
Saboteur (available April 26)
- Description: a bomb spawns in a central location, both teams compete to retrieve the bomb and be the first to detonate it at the opposing team’s base
- Game session: 1 round of 10 minutes
Both modes will be playable on two different maps, Pipeline and Mill.
The beta can be accessed in the following ways:
- Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Conviction Owners – Splinter Cell Conviction Xbox 360 owners can access the beta directly through the game
- Pre-order Ghost Recon: Future Soldier on Xbox 360 and receive a Xbox 360 beta key
- Also, look out for additional key giveaways online
Additionally, Ubisoft has announced Ghost Recon Network, a free service that will support all Ghost Recon titles moving forward. It will be accessible from smartphones, tablets, and web browsers, allowing players to interact with the game and upcoming Ghost Recon titles “anywhere at any time.”
The Ghost Recon Network site and v1.0 iOS & Android apps will launch with Ghost Recon: Future Soldier May 25. Players in the multiplayer beta will have the opportunity to try specific features of the Ghost Recon Network website and get their hands on the Android mobile app – both of which are in beta stage.
Ghost Recon Network key features:
- Customize and share in-game weapons on the go – Use GunSmith mobile to customize weapons down to their inner parts in 3D and sync them to consoles; Publish weapons to the GunSmith Gallery and browse guns posted by the Ghost Recon Network community.
- Track player history and friends’ in-game status – Access personal player performance on Ghost Recon: Future Soldier & upcoming Ghost Recon games and compare stats on leaderboards; Receive challenges, friend activity reports and community updates via the website or push notifications on smartphones and tablets.
- Receive exclusive rewards – Download the free Ghost Recon Network app at launch to unlock additional attachment credits in Ghost Recon: Future Soldier; Earn weapons and weapon skins in Ghost Recon: Future Soldier by playing other Ghost Recon games or interacting with other Ghost Recon experiences.
- Become a better player – Study detailed game information and heatmaps to prepare for the next battle; Build and manage your squad, add recruits and search for competing squads
Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Future Soldier is scheduled to release PS3 and Xbox 360 in May and will land on PC June 15.