Yoshinori Ono rushed to hospital, confirms Capcom

Saturday, 24th March 2012 00:18 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Capcom’s confirmed that Yoshinori Ono has been rushed to hospital.

The publisher said in a Japanese-written blog his physical condition had “heavily deteriorated” following the end of the Asian promotion tour of Street Fighter x Tekken.

“I would like to bring something else to everyone’s attention,” said the blog. “Shortly after the Street Fighter X Tekken promotion in Asia, Ono-san’s physical condition rapidly and heavily deteriorated and he had to be taken to the hospital.

“Because of his hospital tenure he will not be performing work-related affairs for a while. Ono’s well-being is very important to us, and we wish for his steady recovery”.

The exact condition of the Street Fighter producer is unknown, but he traveled across the globe earlier this month to promote SFxT ahead of its launch alongside his Tekken counterpart Katsuhiro Harada.

It goes without saying, but we wish Ono-san the best in his recovery.

Thanks, Nintendo Universe.

[image]

1. LOLshock94

Get well soon!

2. Judicas

Damn, didn’t know a guilty conscience could send you to hospital!

3. Johnny Cullen

Not cool. Keep it civil.

4. Razor

Damn, here’s to wishing you a quick recovery, Ono-san.

5. Johnny Cullen

When i interviewed him at Fight Club alongside Harada-san, his attitude was so enthused and happy go lucky as always, which is what I love about him. Utterly enjoyed talking to him.

I hope that attitude doesn’t change once he’s better.

6. xino

why shouldn’t it happen when Crapcom has been working him here and there.

this is what happens when you overwork man!
    you start to feel cold then your organs starts to shut down, and you’ll feel sick!

chronic fatigue

7. DeforMAKulizer

I love the enthusiasm this dude harbors…

He is always extremely perky on Twitter!

Get well soon Ono-san

8. SplatteredHouse

:( I wish Mr. Ono the swiftest full recovery. Get well soon.

9. TD_Monstrous69

He always seemed like he had the sunniest and up beat personality whenever he did appearances at events and stories for gaming sites. I wish him nothing but the best, and hopes he gets well soon.

10. Gazmando

I love Ono-san, I hope he can make a swift recovery, get well soon Ono-san, your health is the most important thing.

11. diego-rbb-93

Come on man! Ono is actually the only thing that keeps me seeing what can I expect in a positive way from Capcom. That man is gold and as gold he is, I´ll grow my bad feelings with Capcom if finally this guy has been “overclocked” by the company.

Hope you the best, always, Ono.

12. Moonwalker1982

Hopefully this will end well, wishing the guy all the best!

13. brotherhoodofthewolf

When Will Publishers Start To Look After Their Talent?

14. Moonwalker1982