New video details 11 reasons why you need Prototype 2 in your life

Thursday, 22nd March 2012 14:40 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Activision has released a new video for Prototype 2, detailing the top 11 reasons why you need to purchase the game. Watch below. Prototype 2 releases in the US on April 24 and in Europe on April 26 for PS3 and Xbox 360. The PC version will be released July 24.

1. Gheritt White

Looks weak. Wish InFamous was multi-platform, it’s the only PS3 exclusive I’m jealous about.

2. KAP

I platinum’d Infamous 1 & 2 mate and I must say there both epic.
    Yeah, you maybe right I would say that I guess but its the subtle things within the story that I haven’t seen anyone do in other games.

3. loki

1 reason why i don’t need this because Prototype 2 sux

4. Maximum Payne

Looks ok I hope missions are more entertaining then before.

5. Gigabomber

Prototype wasn’t a bad game. I could name 20 others since it came out that were worse, so why all the hate?

6. TheWulf

Meh, people are far too hard on Prototype. Just following the Path of the Hipster I guess.

It also plays up to the idea that it could be because the main character is so often represented as so inhuman. I played both Prototype and inFamous and didn’t see a lot of difference between them other than the more obvious ‘humanity’ of the main character of inFamous.

Then again, the people who liked Prototype just won’t bother responding to this. Not sure why I am. Perhaps it’s because I just like highlighting xenophobia. It’s cool to be a xenophobe right now, and to hate on anything unfamiliar. But it’s not cool to me.

7. TheWulf

I honestly believe the reason is ‘because xenophobia.’ I played both and they were both pretty okay. I didn’t see much of a divide between inFamous and Prototype, to be honest. This is evidenced in Yahtzee’s revies of both games, which were fair to both.

I think it’s because in Prototype you had a playable which was something more akin to Venom (Marvel), whereas in inFamous you had a playable that was more akin to the questionable lovechild of Grant Mitchell and Thor.

And people saw the latter as being ‘oh so badass.’

I really, really think that’s all there is to it. DarkSpore got slammed for the same reason despite being a pretty damned good game. No human characters or characters which are too inhuman and… yeah.

So that’s why all the hate.

But personally? I don’t value the opinions of such people.

8. Gekidami

^ Yeah, but not only does not liking this game make you a xenophobe, it also means you rape babies and worship Satan. You know who else isnt getting Prototype 2?; Hitler. Are you Hitler? Well are you getting this game? One answers the other.

9. DSB

So far it looks a few times better than the original, and that’s really all I need to buy into it.

Prototype was a mess, but it was a mess with a lot of cool shit stuck to it. I couldn’t make myself hate it even though it was so shit in so many ways.

@8 I see what you did there.

10. Erthazus

Prototype 1 was not a bad game. It had incredible powers and interesting sand box freedom, but beyond that not much.

But inFamous series are fucking shit. I mean, they are incredible. I also platinumed inFamous 1 and 2 and in my opinion it has the best Achievement system because,

There is no Grinding at all, while other games require you to grind a ton of stuff to get platinum.

But story, gameplay, physics, visuals are just super impressive in inFamous. After that game Prototype feels pathetic.

11. absolutezero

Jesus Fuck I hate replying to you at the best of times but are you really trying to tell me that collecting all those shards was not a grind?

The real reason people hated the Prototype main character was not because he was different and a sentient virus or whatthefuckever. Its was for the far more simple reason that he was a hateable whiney baby of a main character. People hated him because his personality was crying alot. Then using people as a surf-board.

Those two polar opposites, the Mercer’s personality combined with the ludicrious over the top whoop-inducing insanity you could have him perform just did not mesh.