CD Projekt: sex in The Witcher 2 about “creative freedom”

Tuesday, 20th March 2012 11:27 GMT By Johnny Cullen

CD Projekt has said the inclusion of sex in The Witcher 2 is only “creative freedom,” adding it’s not putting in just for the sake of it.

“I think games are evolving. At the beginning the audience was a bit different and some people still think games are for children. We believe that’s not true,” lead artist Marek Ziemak told CVG.

“Our opinion is that they’re like interactive movies. You can compare it to reading a book or watching a good series on TV because there’s a deep storyline and our target definitely is a mature audience.”

He continued: “We’re using all the stuff that’s being used by other authors and creators like writers or movie directors. It’s not about delivering sex just to have sex in your game, it’s about creative freedom and having the same opportunities and using the same weapons as all the other creative people.”

Ziemak’s remarks come ahead of the RPG’s 360 release next month on April 17. The title launched on PC last May.

1. Maximum Payne

”Creative freedom”

2. Hybridpsycho

@1 Totally :D

Anyways, seeing as they actually had a proper sex-scene justifies this statement. It’s not like they are doing what Bioware does, throwing in the option for sex just because it has to be there even though there’s actually nothing visual about it.

Creds to them, The Witcher 2 is one of the best RPGs I’ve ever played.

3. DSB

@2 They had two actually. If you choose to bang the shorthaired girl, Geralt really tosses her around a bit.

4. YoungZer0

@3: Are we talking about Witcher 1? Because I remember plenty of sex-scenes. There are many with the prostitutes, a few with women you rescue and – one i’ll never forget – with a succubus. That thing had hoofs!

Don’t remember having sex with the shorthaired girl thought.

5. DSB

@4 Nah, it’s the shorthaired blonde who’s with Roche. If you’re a cocky bastard with her, she’ll give up the goods.

I went with Roche throughout the game, so I don’t know if you might miss it by following the Scoia’tel.

I wasn’t too impressed with the sexscenes in the first one. It was pretty standard fare, but it was a ballsy move collecting cards of the women you screw :P

I don’t think I screwed a succubus, but I did do a dryad.

6. YoungZer0

@5: Oh, you mean Ves! Yeah, i remember her. Really liked her too. Thought you meant the redhair from the first one. You definitely miss it if you follow the Scoia’tel.