Ubisoft to formally announce AC3 details on Monday

Thursday, 1st March 2012 17:17 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Ubisoft’s confirmed it’ll release additional details of Assassin’s Creed 3 this coming Monday at 5pm GMT.

In a press-released statement, Ubi said: “We confirm that Ubisoft will announce all the details of Assassin’s Creed III on Monday March 5th at 5pm.”

It comes as multiple leaks on the game appeared online overnight, featuring a leak on the game’s main character and that it’d be on the cover for the next Game Informer.

GI’s since confirmed the cover this evening, promising two special covers featuring the game’s main protagonist.

A pack shot of the game is below. Assassin’s Creed 3 launches on October 30 for PS3, 360 and PC.

1. Stephany Nunneley

Hell yes! That pack shot is awesome.

2. Edo

I am really looking forward to this even though they will delay the PC version…again.I just remembered…Ben Franklin will most likely be a part of it and will provide the gear for the yet to be known assassin.

3. Rain

Is it just me or the pack shot is truly awesome?
    Provided that they bring good visuals. I’m sold.

4. vicrysty

Looks great!!!
    I hope not the last part of the series, can continue with other ideas presented by the folks at Ubisoft.
    Expect in the future and ancient Rome.
    World history has many topics to show.

5. Razor

Can’t wait.

6. DEADEYES

This cover reminds me of Mel Gibson in the movie “The Patriot”! :))

7. Johnny Cullen

Game Informer’s just formally announced the cover.

8. Stephany Nunneley

He looks Native American on the GI cover. Plus, some of his garb reminds me of buckskin. I sure hope he is. That would be very, very cool.

9. triggerhappy

So thats it then, american revolution is officially the next setting for assassins creed… pft. Im sure it will be a good game but i feel this is a bit of a squandered chance, theres so many other great settings it could have been, and y’know theres going to be 2 to 3 spin offs aswell. Im trying hard but i just cant help but feel dissapointed.

10. Moonwalker1982

It could very well be two different characters, and that would mean two different stories?

He looks different here

then on here

11. Edo

@10 Nope,the first one is real and the second one is done by acclaimed comic artist Alex Ross.

12. Sadismek

Did any of you notice that the tomahawk in his hand looks like the Assassin’s Emblem? Really cool.

13. triggerhappy

@ 12: good catch LOL never noticed that :D

14. Sadismek

^Glad I helped you notice :D When I looked more carefully, I was pretty surprised and amazed that they managed to get it in there. Ubi may be milking this series, but they have some amazing concept artists. Just look at the Assassin’s Creed: Revelations artbook, or at the clothes in the game. I love the colour palette they used, and they really made the clothes and weapons feel authentic and oriental. I am confident they will be able to release a great game, at least in the artistic departament.

15. Maximum Payne

Also he is using bow and arrows , Crossbow are for pussy’s my friend.

16. DSB

I’ll take an American longrifle and a 6-pounder loaded with canister shot over any bow or slingshot or other children’s toys :P

17. triggerhappy

Ach it least its had a 3 year dev cycle and the series could be doing with some significant changes anyway. Mabey i was being a bit too harsh at first, the more i think about large outdoor areas with rivers and forrests and mountains the more im thinking this could actually be cool. I mean check this image out, theres atmosphere practically dripping off of it…

18. LOLshock94

japan was a million zillion trillion dippyion nillion times better

19. The_Red

Holy hell, that limited / special cover is done by Alex Ross. Me wants!

20. mehdidante

ooow baby . from persia to america , interesting . i didn’t expect that .

21. Anders

Yes! Looks great.

22. Rudemir

@mehdidante

I believe you mixed up two different franchises ( Assasin’s Creed vs Prince of Persia :P)