Rockstar not ruling out new L.A. Noire, GTA V news in next “few months”

Monday, 13th February 2012 18:08 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Rockstar has said it won’t rule out the possibility of making a new L.A. Noire, despite the closure of IP creator Team Bondi last year.

It said in an open Asked and Answered feature that it may not be done with L.A. Noire just yet.

“While there won’t be any more DLC or additional content for the current release of L.A. Noire (we’re all too busy working on Max Payne 3, GTAV and other games to come), don’t count out the possibility of a new game in the L.A. Noire franchise in the future,” it said.

“We simply have not decided anything. We’re all very pleased with how that game turned out and are considering what the future may hold for L.A. Noire as a series.

“We don’t always rush to make sequels, but that does not mean we won’t get to them eventually – see Max and Red Dead for evidence of that – we have so many games we want to make and the issue is always one of bandwidth and timing.”

On GTA V, Rockstar added little over what was seen in the game’s announcement and first trailer last year, but promised that it was continuing to be “very hard at work” on the title, adding more additional information would come “starting at some point in a few months’ time.”

Grand Theft Auto V currently goes without a date or platforms, but is expected for Christmas this year.

1. DSB

If Rockstar put their weight behind it, and tried to make a real police game out of LA Noire, that would be cool, but I reckon it would take a complete rethink to fix it.

2. Maximum Payne

Well now Rockstar will be there from start so you know it will be better game.I liked La Noire at least its something new.

3. barchetta

So, LA Noire or, a la GTA, different time/locale. If so, 70s Sweeney please!

4. Liamc723

“and other games to come” Would it be foolish of me to pray for Agent?

5. KAP

Thats what I LOVE about rockstar, they give answers/info to the fans.. NOT the press.

Then the press palm it off like its exclusive info… haha. flippin hell!

Also love the way they release info or trailers at unsuspecting times too.

6. Razor

Think we may as well give up all hope of Agent.

7. TD_Monstrous69

@4 I don’t think it’d be foolish if you prayed for Agent. Because I’m still looking for info on it as well. That’s pretty much become what Max Payne 3 was when it was first announced (though I certainly hope the results are similar to how Max Payne 3 shaped up to be, looking pretty fuckin boss after a 2-3 year info drought). Anyway, by “info on GTA V coming within a few months”, I hope they mean either next month or by April. Because I’m more than eager to see this new re-envisioned, modern-day Los Santos that they’re touting, as well as who (or whom) will the main character(s) will be, and how their story of “haves and have nots” will shape up. Though I’m more than sure I wouldn’t get all this info from one news story (unless a disgruntled Rockstar games employee decides to leak info), at least a little bit of a clearer idea on where it is they’re taking the game would be awesome.
    As far as an L.A. Noire sequel, I wouldn’t mind it one bit. Though I wonder, would the same tech utilized in making L.A. Noire be used with making a sequel (namingly Motion Scan)? Mainly because Rockstar doesn’t own the tech behind the game, only the IP itself, Depth Analysis owns the tech. Would there be a licensing deal between the two? Also, where could they take the story within L.A. Noire? Would they continue in LA with the same characters, or might they go with a different era, and new characters that are either somehow tied to the characters of the first game, or just operating under the same circumstances with similar occupations?

8. IL DUCE

@3 Agent takes place in the 70s so that’s not happening

@4 Think it would be foolish to expect it anytime soon…prob won’t see it until late 2013 or early 2014…also probably won’t be a PS3 Exclusive anymore

9. Moonwalker1982

And to think some people actually believed GTA V would come out in april this year, lol. I wouldn’t be surprised if it won’t hit this year at all.

10. Cozzy

I actually just finished LA Noire today and thought it was fantastic. I thought Team Bondi shut down though so chances are the sequel would have some large changes if made by another studio. As long as they iron out the flaws it should be ace, fingers crossed.

11. Moonwalker1982

I first want to see a Bully 2 before this happens, come on Rockstar.

12. Quiiick