Sleeping Dogs gets live action trailer

Wednesday, 8th February 2012 14:00 GMT By Patrick Garratt

Square has confirmed that True Crime: Hong Kong has been rebranded as Sleeping Dogs, releasing a very cool live action trailer in celebration. The game’s new identity was rumoured overnight. Watch it below, and get full details on the announcement here.

1. StolenGlory

I usually don’t like live action trailers for games (except for the Halo ones) but this certainly stirs the interest of the HK action fan inside me.

That said, it would be nice to see some actual in-game footage; specifically some that would showcase this melee combat system that they’re making so much noise about.

2. Edo

That was some fun kung-fu shit :)! After watching some of the gameplay videos I have to say that it looks pretty darn good http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEjF-bMaAlI !

3. Yoshi

fuck the game, make a film!

4. Christopher Jack

I don’t know about you guys, but I’m pumped. Always loved the series despite the mixed reviews & that ‘GTA ripoff’ tag. I found NYC surprisingly interactive which is often overlooked in the sandbox genre. Interaction is the very reason I adore open world RPGs such as Fallout & TES & even Fable to some extent(the latest one was pretty bad though). I also have enjoyed less interactive sandboxes such as Prototype & InFamous but only because of the intense action.

5. YoungZer0

While we’re on the topic of amazing asian flicks, check out this shit:

6. xino

excellent, A PLus

looks like a famous martial artist director was the lead and director of this trailer

7. The_Red

Sweet. Merciful. CRAP.
    A live ad for a video game just made every hollywood blockbuster made in the last couple of years look like crap. Ok, maybe no everyone but WTF!! I was expecting an amusing short clip with a few nice ideas and the quality of a web episode at best.

This is 80-90s John Woo meets original Matrix. Simply awesome.

8. YoungZer0

@7: What kind of movies do you watch? The choreography is pretty bad. None of his punches look like they hurt and the direction looked pretty mediocre.