Medal of Honor press event happening on March 6

Tuesday, 7th February 2012 08:21 GMT By Johnny Cullen

EA’s sent out invites for a press event for the next Medal of Honor overnight in the US following speculation the sequel is about to be announced soon.

Kotaku got an invite to the shindig. It also comes as PSM3 teased a shooter sequel for its next issue last night.

Featuring the insigmia that was on a leaflet in the release of Battlefield 3 last year, the event will happen on Tuesday, March 6 from 8.00pm PST (4.00am GMT).

We reckon this might have to do with an off-site event at GDC next month, just as it was for BF3 last year.

Internet sluth Superannuation said on Twitter last night the announcement would be made “in the next month or so.” Consider this your one month warning, then.

The first Medal of Honor, rebooted into modern times, launched in October 2010 on PS3, 360 and PC. A sequel has been known to be in the works since early last year.

1. Chockster

Great, I’m going to be spending the first day of my forties reading piss-taking tweets and stories about how shit this going to be aren’t I?

/stealth “I don’t want to be 40″ comment

2. Patrick Garratt

Heh. When’s your birthday?

3. Chockster

It’s the 6th itself, Pat. Claire’s still trying to arrange surprise parties and crap like that, while I’m steadfastly relying on the fact that some astonishing breakthrough at CERN will somehow stop time.

4. Patrick Garratt

I’m 39 this year. It’s all getting a little real now. I’m holding out for commonplace space travel before I get too old, but apart from that it’s basically over. Might buy a rug to put over my knees next year.

5. Chockster

Tell me about it. I’ve found myself looking longingly at the reading glasses displays in shops. It’s all downhill from here.

6. Patrick Garratt

:D

7. Maximum Payne

Hm actually make sense to introduce it before E3 similar how CoD always do.
    For those who don’t know it will use Frostbyte 2 engine it is confirmed.

8. Patrick Garratt

They did exactly the same thing with BF3 last year. It was announced at the start of GDC.

9. Edo

I’m guessing “Danger Close” is behind the sequel as well.The first one was really mediocre(at best).It felt rushed and to be quite honest completely unnecessary…but I guess it sold somewhat good and that’s all they needed to justify the sequel.

10. Patrick Garratt

I thought the single-player in the first one was honestly good. I know a lot of people didn’t like it, but I’m excited for this. If they’ve sorted out the multiplayer and stuck to the SP “vision” from the original, it could be amazing.

11. StolenGlory

Yeah, didn’t sell quite well to start with?

I seem to remember it shifting something moderately crazy like five million units or something.

Big fan of the single-player too, purely because it seemed a lot more grounded and believeable than the typically overblown fare we often get from other po-faced military shooters.

12. Patrick Garratt

It sold over 5 million, yeah.

13. Edo

#10 The SP was good?!It was three hours long(played on hard)and was basically over before it even started.Even though I know that this type of shooters aren’t all about SP I can still remember going “WTF!?That’s it !?”when the credits started to roll.#9 OK,my bad it sold really well but so do the infinite CoD sequels hmkay?

14. Patrick Garratt

The SP was really short, yeah. Shorted than a CoD game, definitely. What was there was good, though.

15. Edo

#14 LOL “shorter than CoD game” that says a lot about it my friend.

16. Patrick Garratt

It definitely was! I’m no shooter genius, and I clocked it in about 4-5 hours, maybe? The tone of it was brilliant, though. I remember a part where you’re walking up the side of a mountain and there’s tracer in the distance. The sound production was amazing. It was a completely different experience to Call of Duty.

But yeah: very short.

17. Maximum Payne

I hope its going to longer or more open then previous one.
    Also I find funny how they wanted to be realistic and authentic and all but almost 0 recoil and stupid icon that show you headshot.

18. GwynbleiddiuM

@Pat Yeah, it was good enough, too short though and invisible walls were pain in the rear end. But I liked the single players too. Multiplayer was also good IMO, it lacked few things here and there but overall enjoyable action.

The sound was GREAT! and I particularly loved that mission were US Rangers were outnumbered by Taliban forces, it was EPIC, I really gave up hope and then the sight of friendly choppers coming to the rescue literally brought tear to my eyes. I loved it just for that moment alone.

19. Patrick Garratt

@18 – Yeah, that was a stand-out bit. I started panicking. I honestly felt relief when the choppers turned up. Quite something for a game to be able to do that any more, really.

20. roni1175

Does it mean no battlefield Bad Company his year? Hope it turns good this time time
    So I guess BC3 for 2013 and Battlefield 4 will appear for next gen consoles

21. Maximum Payne

@20 Something like that.

22. OrbitMonkey

I’d like more guns for the mp and for them not to be tied into a class system.