Pac-Man, Mega Man added to PS3 Street Fighter x Tekken roster

Friday, 27th January 2012 03:33 GMT By Brenna Hillier

PlayStation 3 and Vita players benefit from yet more exclusive characters, including a Mega-man strongly reminiscent of awful 1980′s cover art.

A post on Capcom-Unity gives a rationale for Mega Man’s alarming appearance.

“In the spirit of crossover fun, the dev team wanted both Capcom and Namco’s mascots to join the fray in a slightly silly, goofy way. Pac-Man riding Mokujin is about as weird as it can get, so the best equivalent for Mega Man would have to be the so-bad-it’s-good-but-still-kinda-bad box art from Mega Man 1 in the US.”

Both the PS3 and Vita versions of the fighter now sport five exclusive characters, counting Cole from inFamous and Sony mascots Kuro and Toro. The Xbox 360 version has no guest characters due to problems with negotiations and timing.

Street Fighter x Tekken releases on all three platforms plus PC in early March.

1. Ireland Michael

Its like they’re deliberately trying to spit on Mega Man fans at this point.

There has got to be something going on here. I’m not usually one for conspiracy theories, but either Capcom has a serious number of rage issues against Inafune, or for some reason they’re not telling us, his departure from the company is stopping them from actually using the character in playable form.

Because this makes no fucking sense. Nobody asks for this. Nobody wants this. Its bloody horrible.

2. KAP

@1 Do you know how silly you sound right now “they’re deliberately trying to spit on Mega Man fans”

If you can’t see the irony, (IRONY being the key word here) then dude.. lol you simply dont get what theyve done here. I find this quite funny in the sense that the blind hatred for the box art of this character back in the day has almost sprawned a following in on its self which is why they decided to do this.

Just because no one asked for this doesnt mean they shouldnt have done it also, come on dude.
    No one asked for the changes in Resi 4.

I mean god its a VITA exclusive, get over it, its not like a huge ripple here… shit.

Theres an easy mode in games, I never play easy mode on games, There for its shit and I feel like I’m being shitted on.

Right, now before you rage reply Michael, read my last sentence….. No really read that last sentence and ponder……. You see it yet?

3. Gheritt White

KAP wins +1 internet.

4. Clupula

@2 – They’re shitting on the original difficulty! It’s like Capcom are spitting in the face of everyone who plays on difficulty 4!

Personally, I think this is hilarious and can’t wait to play them. Five exclusive characters for the PS3/Vita versions…Jesus, that’s kinda awesome.

5. Marx n Engels

Not sure what to make of SF x T – it has kind of crept up on us, and keeps looking better and better. Not a big fan of Tekken.

But I do want to punch PacMan in the face.

Decisions decisions.

6. OwningXylophone

“The Xbox 360 version has no guest characters due to problems with negotiations and timing.”

Ah I see, the 2 companies involved in making the game couldn’t license their own characters (MM & PM) for inclusion on the 360 version… I call bullshit and a handsome bung from Sony.