Ono: Wii U shown at E3 “not a reflection of everything” the console has to offer

Thursday, 26th January 2012 14:30 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Capcom’s Yoshinori Ono has said the Wii U attendees saw at E3 last year was far from finished and “not a reflection” of the firm’s final product.

Speaking in an interview with 3D Juegos, translated by NeoGAF, Ono implied the system offers much more than when it first appeared.

“What was shown at E3 is not a reflection of everything that this console is going to be able to offer,” he said. “We have been trying the development kits and some of its new characteristics will improve its possibilities. It isn’t something like Kinect or similar accessories, it’s something different.

“I can’t tell you more about it because, if I do, Nintendo will send assassins to finish me! But let’s say that Wii U will be a console with so many unique possibilities that it will be difficult to show them in the box they are going to sell it in, or be published in magazines and other media.”

The firm’s focus during E3 was on Wii U’s tablet controller, and since Nintendo has yet to announce what’s running under the console’s hood, if what Ono says has merit, it’s no wonder, because the firm is still refining its product. However, Nintendo’s silence has also led to a bevy of rumors and speculation regarding what the machine can and cannot do, and the scuttlebutt will only continue until something official is announced.

Nintendo announced during its call to investors this morning Wii U would be out in major markets by Christmas 2012.

Thanks, Edge.

1. RandomTiger

Here is no information, get excited about it..

2. ManuOtaku

#1 Well iam excited about this “I can’t tell you more about it because, if I do, Nintendo will send assassins to finish me!”, yes finally nintendo says is an assassins organization, that is what i call excitement, now if you excuse me i will train my sharingan technique too and eat some ramen, cause thats what ninjas do.

3. Talkar

No, noone is to know of their existence, you just revealed yourself, thus you aren’t a ninja! xD

4. Telepathic.Geometry

If you’re training your sharingan, I think you’d be better served brooding and being emo, and leave the raamen to me and my band of merry hermit muthatfuckas.

5. Joe Musashi

@1 So true.

You know, after all the defensive “Nintendo’s not about graphics power – it’s all about FUN!” comments from the zealots about the Wii I’m already licking my lips and the sweet, sweet hypocrisy that Wii U is going to provide when its UBER GRAFX POWAZ are revealed.

They’ll still be a generation behind, mind.

JM

6. sk4r

Can’t this be the console that is finally able handle a proper RTS? How large is that tablet controller?

7. ManuOtaku

#4 i was trying to make so fun, sorry if a hurt some feelings, its just a jose about japanese assassins, and being an anime fan as iam, go figures, on other topic what is bad in being emo?

8. fearmonkey

If your being hunted by Nintendo assassins, the best place to hide out is online, Nintendo won’t be able to find you there.

9. poketrainer

Thank god, I’m hoping those old rumored specs are wrong.