GAME mentions new Medal of Honor, Need for Speed

Thursday, 12th January 2012 11:09 GMT By Johnny Cullen

This isn’t too much of a shock, but still. UK retailer GAME has mentioned in a tweet this morning that a new Medal of Honor and Need for Speed will form EA’s 2012 release line-up. It said in a tweet since deleted: “EA presentation was great, had mentions of a new Medal of Honour and Need for Speed 13! EA have an exciting year ahead.”

A new Need for Speed is as big of a surprise as the sun rising every morning, and a new Medal of Honor was expected for this year following Battlefield 3 in 2011. Confirmation of a sequel came early last year, and we also saw a leaflet teasing its return in the DICE shooter. It’s not yet known who’ll be behind this year’s NFS, but it’s almost certainly Criterion.

1. Fin

I’d only love another Criterion Need for Speed.

Nomnonmonmnom.

2. freedoms_stain

I hope they get Danger Close back in for the SP, and redesign every single facet of the MP, whoever does that.

3. YoungZer0

Love to see a new Medal of Honor. Hopefully longer, with more story, or at least more fleshed out characters.

4. Gadzooks!

Yet another generic boring war shooter? I may just yawn myself inside-out.

5. LOLshock94

@4 same

6. Edo

I was expecting Mirror’s Edge 2….sigh…I hope we’ll see it eventually.

7. xino

I hope Medal of Honor’s single player will play BETTER than MoH
    and i hope multiplayer will be balance, and hoping for better netcoding.

I hope NFS 13 is another Hot Pursuit or better and better netcoding.

every of EA’s game I always get disconnected!
    I’m gambling again on Syndicate, hoping there will be less disconnnections

8. DSB

I would hope that Medal of Honor let go of the real world setting, or at least did a bit more to justify it, but that’s probably hoping against hope.

@2 The multiplayer felt extremely similar to BF3 in my opinion. Smaller maps, and some terrible designs among them, but I thought the objective based match style was a lot more interesting. I could play the airport map for hours.

To me it was like BC2 with a lot of the crappiest bits fixed.

9. KrazyKraut

Told you last year already. Talked with someone from criterion at the gamescom and he said that this year a nfs from themself will be released. It will be HP2