Undead Labs releases video tour of studio, open-world zombie shooter “Class 3″

Saturday, 7th January 2012 16:14 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Undead Labs has released a video tour, of its studio as well as a look at gameplay footage of its open-world zombie shooter, known for the moment as Class 3. Currently in the early stages of alpha testing, one of the scenes in the video posted below shows the game’s ambush functionality, while another has people trying to barricade themselves in a building with one character suffering the consequences for not working fast enough. The game is slated for a release on Xbox Live upon completion, and will serve as a prequel and “platform” to its second zombie game in the works, Class 4, an MMO the firm announced back in 2009. Thanks, MMOcrunch.

1. osric90

How original.

2. IL DUCE

Game looks like it could be cool to me…really looking forward to a zombie game not as much of a corridor shooter as L4D…but also not as melee focusing as open world games such as Dead Island or Dead Rising. Any open world shooter with some depth will be welcomed by me at this point, especially if S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 never makes it out there will be a large hole to fill in my gaming desires.

3. Maximum Payne

@2 Yea agree with you but still prefer L4d over Dead Island or Dead Rising.

4. DSB

I was hoping this would be related to http://www.class3outbreak.com

The world really needs a squadbased tactical zombie survival FPS. STZSFPS.

5. Maximum Payne

@5 resident evil operation raccoon city ? :P

6. DSB

@6 I’m undecided on that at this point. Resident Evil was always a fun game, but I never really felt scared by it beyond the cheap shocks, and it always played more on the “weirdness” that seems to be the hallmark of a lot of japanese horror.

I was thinking more along the lines of Dead State, but with a more military outset, kinda like the troops in 28 Days Later.

It all makes me think of X-Com, really. The biggest thing that game ever accomplished, beyond the smart design and the spiffy art direction, was making you genuinely scared, even though you had 14-26 soldiers under your command. If someone could do that with zombies, I’d be one fierce fanboy.

Project Zomboid isn’t bad either.