Ellen Page not involved with The Last of Us, Enslaved design lead on board

Monday, 12th December 2011 07:42 GMT By Johnny Cullen

That does look a lot like Ellen Page in The Last of Us. Safe to assume she’ll be voicing the female character? No.

It was speculated by Naughty Dog fans following the game’s unveil at the VGAs over the weekend that the Inception and Juno actress would be involved.

But studio creative lead Neil Druckmann tweeted last night the roles of both main character in the game, Ellie and Joel, would be played by Ashley Johnson and Troy Baker.

Johnson is a relative unknown in gaming, but Baker VO’ed as Snow in Final Fantasy XIII and XIII-2, Vincent in Catherine, Two-Face in Arkham City and Booker DeWitt in BioShock Infinite.

Its also been revealed that former lead designer on Enslaved, Mark Richard Davies, is working on the project. That may explain why the trailer came with a dash of Ninja Theory’s effort.

The Last of Us remains dateless for PS3.

1. KAP

As long as they keep andy serkis the fuck away from this project, the better.

2. Takeshi

@1 why exactly?

3. mathare92

@1 Wot?! Serkis is practically the master of mocap acting. Don’t care whether he’s involved in this or not, but still… SPEAK NO ILL of Mr. Serkis.

4. The_Red

@3 Agreed. Also Serkis was one of the reasons I enjoyed Enslaved so much and I hear he is sublime in Rise of the Planet of the Apes. Anyway, bummer on lack of Page in Last of Us.

5. YoungZer0

@4: He is.

6. Zana

Heh. This game is not developed by Ninja Theory so why would they bring Serkis in, even when the game designer worked on Enslaved?

7. Deacon

Cos it must be hard to.. ya know.. run around with loads of white balls stuck to you.

I did not see Serkis in LoTR, or Enslaved, or Apes.

I find it ridiculous when mocap actors get loving praise.. that’s probably just me.

8. ercan34

çok güzel bir site boyaci We expect this site

9. YoungZer0

@7: Really uneducated opinion here. Do some proper research. Check out behind the scene footage. It’s way more than just jumping around with some white balls.

10. Deacon

I am oh so uneducated. I’m fully aware what they have to do. IMO it’s just not that difficult.

11. Ireland Michael

@10 Are you in physically good enough shape to do 90% of the stunts and scenes that Serkis does in the mocap studio?

Lazy person on the internet, sitting in front of his keyboard and critizing people for not doing hard work. Oh the irony.

12. Deacon

FFS.. all I said was I don’t agree with people bumming Serkis for being so amazing. You’re just playing a framework. A shell. I’d rather heap my praise on the ones that bring that shit to life – not the puppet.
    Time consuming, sure. Long days, probably. It’s just not . that . difficult.

13. absolutezero

Think of the characters that Serkis has portrayed to date, Gollum, King Kong, Ceasar, Monkey etc etc.

Three of those spend most of their time on all fours pounding about, its incredibally demanding, along with doing all the voice acting for Gollum on top of that. Plus the Smeagol segement of LotR shows that he can act outside the mo-cap studio aswell.

14. Deacon

There’s no doubt he’d become the go-to guy for things of that ilk.

And I don’t doubt he can act, as well as prancing around pretending to be a monkey / creature.

Stamina, poise, strength. Gotcha.

It seems I’m the only one here who, given the chance, thinks he could do all of what Serkis does.
    Seems he has already achieved a god-like status with most of you.

Didn’t realise I was being so controversial. On with my day then…

15. absolutezero

PAH HA HA HA

16. YoungZer0

You also gotta remember that he did the facial expressions in the mocap. So when you saw Gollum go greedy, or Ceasar go sad, that was all Serkis.

17. Petulant Radish

Whereas all you lot arguing about differing opinion is, as usual, all circus.

18. LOLshock94

looks nothing like ellen page HAHAHAHAHA

19. YoungZer0

@18: Get your eyes fixed.

HAHAHAHAHA!

20. Deacon

@15 I’m not exactly calling myself De Niro am I.
    Thank you for your great addition to the comments section.

21. LOLshock94

@19 does ellen have freckles? does ellen have half her eye brow missing? is ellen 12?
    the answer to these questions is….NO

22. absolutezero

No problem. Please do continue belittling an entire sector of actors by implying you could wander onto a set and do exactly what they do.

23. lexph3re

I understand what you are talking about Deacon. Seems like some others are just really easily offended.

24. YoungZer0

@21: Does she has the exact same face? Yes.

25. LOLshock94

@24 no.

26. YoungZer0

@25: Well if the rest of the world says “Yes” it must be you who doesn’t see it.

27. Uncontested

Looks just like her but anyway.. we all know lolshock is a dumbass troll.. just ignore him.

Troy Baker.. totally creeped me out as Greed in FMA:Brotherhood

28. YoungZer0

Just saw that he’s also going to speak James Sunderland in the Silent Hill HD Version.

29. osric90

Troy Baker is hell of a good actor.

30. GrumpyMumbler

@#7

I hear ya man. I’m not saying what they do is easy but man it feels like the nerdcore has an inflated affection for them like Felicia Day

31. lexph3re

I still don’t know who the Fuck she IS!

32. GrumpyMumbler

Well if the rest of the world says “Yes” it must be you who doesn’t see it.

Oh sure because “the rest of the world” is never wrong. It was just a few rebels enslaving black people for 200+ years. I don’t care if I’m being unnecessarily hyperbolic the point is that “the rest of the world” can be wrong. Not that “the rest of the world” thought that Ellen Page looked like this girl in the first place. I don’t know anyone who did personally. (anecdote not meant to be a representative sample)

@31 – Ellen Page is the pregnant high school chick http://youtu.be/K0SKf0K3bxg

33. Fin

Ya bro, not recognising Ellen Page and slavery are like practically the same thing!

34. Ireland Michael

I had no idea who Ellen Page was until I read this article, by even by searching for pictures online of here, there’s barely any resemblance here whatsoever beyond the way her hair is made up.

35. YoungZer0

@34: Well, if you can’t see the obvious then i can’t help you. I guess the eyes, the nose and the lips aren’t convincing enough.

Here’s an idea: Let’s see what Naughty Dog has to say to this.