Two members of the team behind indie darling Sword & Sworcery EP took gongs at the 2011 Canadian Game Development Talent Awards.
Held as part of the Montreal International Game Summit, the awards were introduced this year to highlight Canada’s startling breadth of development talent.
Although triple-A got a look in with BioWare’s Casey Hudson and Ubisoft’s Frederic Blais, other major Canadian teams, including EA Canada, Eidos Montreal, and the Assassin’s Creed team, were notable absentees.
See the full results below, courtesy of IndieGames.
- Animator of the Year: Aaron Bouthillier (Shank)
- Designer of the Year: Kris Piotrowski (Sword & Sworcery EP)
- Programmer of the Year: Frederic Blais (Michael Jackson The Experience)
- Emerging Talent: Richard Flanagan (Fract)
- Audio Professional of the Year: Simon Ashby (Wwise)
- Producer of the Year: Casey Hudson (Mass Effect 2)
- Visual Artist of the Year: Craig Adams (Sword & Sworcery EP)
- Canadian Gaming Hall of Fame inductee: Denis Dyack (Silicon Knights)
- Canadian Gaming Hall of Fame inductee: Remi Racine (Behaviour Interactive)
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.