Gameplay video for Battlefield 3 goes Back to Karkand

Friday, 4th November 2011 19:34 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

EA and DICE have released a gameplay video for Back to Karkand, the upcoming DLC for Battlefield 3. It’s below the break. The pack is set for release in December, and features new weapons, vehicles, persistence, maps, and the return of Conquest Assault. It will be free for those who pre-ordered BF3, and will run £11.99 f/$14.99/1200 Microsoft Points for those who didn’t.

1. thesamy

FUCK 15 dollar dlc now EA is in that game too?

2. DSB

I think they should’ve stuck to stealing the good things from CoD, not the bad.

3. Yoshi

When was the last time Call of Duty offered DLC for free if you preorder?… Yeh I thought so, now shut the fuck up.

4. DSB

Sorry I hurt your baby, but two wrongs still don’t make a right. That’s kinda the point of what I said. They’re also keeping the Type 88 out of the game for promotional purposes.

If you want to measure the commercial cocks, then both CoD4 and WaW offered all their DLC for free on PC. That was some three years before Bad Company 2 had that “brilliant” idea.

5. Yoshi

Ahh yes but BF3 has the DLC for free on all platforms if you preordered so that’s +1 for BF3. People can’t cry, whine and be little bitches about Battlefield 3 but then when Call of Duty does it people just sit down in their seats and muffle under their hands.

6. Maximum Payne

@4 But only Vietnam expansion cost money ,maps from Bad Company 1 and new maps were for free even for console.

7. Erthazus

I have Limited Edition and this is all included in my package, but in my opinion this is a bad idea for all the gamers.

As i said before and will say again. Map Packs is a crap idea that started with CoD and after that, this trend continues on all platforms..

Sure, BF3 Karkand map packs maybe have enchanced things, destruction, quality and stuff, but still, it should be… 5$ at best in my opinion or FREE in the end.
    Battlefield 2 downloadable content was 5 bucks, but it was a serious deal after few months with a lot of fixes.

anyway, *back To Battlefield 3* Operation Firestorm is the best MAP evar! 17 killstreaks with a tank, i’m BOSS! :D

Also, today i recieved my first medal. Yaay! I’m happy!

8. DSB

Well, I’m sure if you’re desperate enough, even the slightest advantage could be considered a +1. I think it says everything that BC2 didn’t actually carry new maps, but rather just more of the same. The WaW and CoD4 map packs were actually new content, as far as I know. BC2 introduced the scheme of (instead of adding mod support) charging 10 dollars for a pack of skins that modders could’ve easily made for themselves.

I don’t recall somehow blaming BF3 and EA for coming up with the scheme, that’s purely on Activision. What I said was quite clearly “I think they should’ve stuck to stealing the good things from CoD, not the bad.” – Which apparently triggered some kind of fanboy avalanche there, in spite of merely stating the all too obvious truth.

@6 Right, so the content that actually had value cost money, whereas people were fine being fed little snacks posing for content, and thinking that was a great deal. Like I said back then, I would rather pay for interesting maps, than be stuck with boring ones.

Vietnam was cool though. I’m glad they only put it at 12 euros however, because it felt pretty RUSHed.

Pun intended.

9. Erthazus

Vietnam was not just a skin pack. there were new maps and new weapon mechanics. vehicles and etc.

*waiting for game manager to laucnh the game*

10. DSB

Erth, you’re welcome.

11. YoungZer0

@7: Lol, 17 killstreaks? Killstreaks? Are you sure you’re playing BF3 here?

12. Erthazus

@11, yes. there is “Kill Streak Bonus”.

I know it sounds weird but yeah. It’c called Kill streaks.

@10, got it. Well, yeah, thats crap.

13. YoungZer0

@12: So they use a word from Call of Duty? Isn’t that a little bit strange? Anyway, 17 is not that high. 8)

14. Talkar

The word “Killstreak” was also used in Quake i believe. But does it matter that a common word in violent games are being reused? It’s not like it is trademarked or something xD

15. DSB

I think Bobby Kotick heard that!

16. Erthazus

Gosh, i so want to get F2000. It’s one of my favourite weapons. Don’t know why, maybe because it has a really great design and it’s very comfortable to use.

I’m using right now M416 (2 service stars. Yeah, i completely leveled up that thing). It is all nice and Dandy, but F2000 is just a sexy little beast.

http://www.battlefield3online.com/attachments/battlefield-3-general-discussion/978d1318689278-battlefield-3-weapons-f2000.jpg – love it.

One thing that i like about Battlelog is that it is a small Wikipedia about weapons and accessories|equipment. :D

17. DSB

Personally I hate bullpups. I want the AN-94, the DAO-12, the SKS, the M240 and the AS VAL.

Ironically the F2000 was the only weapon I couldn’t ace in Modern Warfare 2. I tried and I tried :P

18. Erthazus

I just looked at the AN-94 at Battlelog. Hmm, that thing have “Burst Fire” with exception that it’s “Rate Of Fire” is kinda ok. 600 Only.

After F2000 i will probably try it.

19. noherczeg

F2000 was a beast in BC2. My 2nd platinum weap. after the AN-94 ^^
    Yeah I used the AN while it wasn’t nerfed :P

20. DSB

I don’t know about the BF3 AN-94, but the real life one has a two-round burst as well as single and automatic. The HK416 in BF3 has a two-round burst as well, but I have no idea what they’re basing that on. The common models don’t have a burst mode.

That’s part of the reason why the Russian military rejected the AN-94 as the new standard rifle. Along with the complex mechanics and the maintenance that requires (as well as cost of production) they had a hard time teaching Russian recruits how to control the 2-round burst.

Given that pretty much all Soviet tactics leading up to the end of the cold war was all about running behind a tank and firing your weapon at full auto in a general direction, it’s not hard to imagine how they might.

@18 I’m pretty sure the Russian military would love you. It’s all about weight of fire, not accurate fire right? :P

21. DonnerKebab

I agree, in so much that the price-point feels like a punishment. Personally I would have offered it much lower and sold much much more to (delighted) fans. Especially as the ones paying for this are the ones who were on the fence about buying it anyway (no preorder bonus).

That said, there is 50 times more content in this DLC than the usual $15 map pack.

22. GrimRita

Prices have been going up since EA took control with their own DD/Spyware service. Vietnam was £9.99 and BC2 was around £25-30 on release but now EA are charging £11.99 for DLC and £40 for the game – takes the piss, especially when you consider that consumers are using THEIR bandwith and EA arent offering any kind of storage system for games, just consumers data.

23. stretch215

Can someone tell me what conquest assault is? Also, does anyone know if this will be integrated into the full game, or will it be sort of stand-alone like bfbc2: Vietnam?

24. freedoms_stain

@23 apparently it’s a type of conquest where one team starts with one uncap base and the other team starts with all the other flags. Whether they include the mode for existing maps out bring it in later I do not know.

25. Yoshi

@24 Conquest Assault sounds epic! I hope that’s true, because that was one of the things I miss from the BF2 maps. There was so much more risk to your actions and you could turn the tides of the battle with a sneaky mission by going around all the action :P