Rumour: Just Cause 3 in development, 2012 release planned

Wednesday, 26th October 2011 18:08 GMT By Debabrata Nath

The latest issue of Xbox World magazine is carrying a rumour that suggests Avalanche Studios is developing Just Cause 3 and it’s heading for a 2012 release.

The rumour section of the magazine has the following blurb. ”Our spies say devs Avalanche are hard at work as we speak, and that it’s set for release next year.”

Last year, following Just Cause 2′s success, Avalanche studio head Christofer Sundberg told Develop that the studio was “keen” on creating a sequel for the title.

“We are absolutely interested in working with the Just Cause IP again,” he said, adding that fans “shouldn’t be surprised” to see a follow-up to the second game.

The studio’s latest is military co-op shooter Renegade Ops for PSN, PC and XBLA.

Thanks, CVG.

1. alterecho

Woohoo!!

2. Gheritt White

Jolly good.

3. Stephany Nunneley

I sure hope so! I loved JC2. Most fun I’ve had playing a console game in ages.

4. kadu

Good news with JC3. And Renegade Ops is already available.

5. Edo

That’s awesome,just recently finished number 2(my first game on Windows 7)and it was spectacular.They just need to come up with the better story and deeper customization.Never played a game with so much freedom in terms of sandbox and blowing stuff up while doing some pretty crazy stuns was fun too :) .

6. Anders

Give me more shit to blow up and I’ll be happy.

7. joshua nash

this makes me happy that JC3 will be humming away in my 360′s disk tray sometime next year, i just love blowing shit up in the first 2 games

8. DSB

If true, then rock on.

It’s neat that Sweden has so many genuinely good studios these days. If only Massive Entertainment would be sold to someone who actually wants to make great games.

9. The_Deleted

Ah crap…2012 is going to be another awesome year… :)

10. majicship

This time out maybe we could hijack a space shuttle!

11. YoungZer0

Please hire a decent writer this time. An PLEASE, no more over the top annoying voiceacting. Can you do this?

12. silkvg247

13. DaMan

Better Agency missions next time please. Other than that, the second one was exceptional, I never thought they could make a game which surpasses the original Mercs.

14. RAIDEN from Mexat

Thank you though that the news now Old, I became observer of this site and I always translate it

GOOD LUCK

15. avatarclown

would love to see:
    multiplayer – free roam and the campaign so you can start the campaign and go into co-op thenfinish it so it blends in together