SEGA announces rerelease of Daytona USA on XBLA, PSN

Wednesday, 12th October 2011 16:38 GMT By Andrew Groen

SEGA has just confirmed earlier rumors that it plans to bring its old school arcade racing series back into the limelight with a new XBLA and PSN release.Daytona USA will be arriving with a staggered North America and European release. It will arrive on October 26 for NA and Europe on Xbox Live, and on October 25 in NA on PSN. The PSN version will be coming to Europe in “late November”.

Despite the new release, it looks as though the game will retain most of its original form with untouched graphics and soundtrack. Leaderboard and online support appear to have been added however. The game will be going for 800 MSP or 9.99 USD.

Below is a list of features SEGA is touting in the press release:

-Relive your glory days of racing to the sounds of the original Daytona USA soundtrack, also available in Karaoke Mode

-Support for the Logitech GT Driving Force steering wheel controller on PS3, and all Xbox 360-supported steering wheel controllers

-Arcade Mode, race the clock in Survival and Time Trial Modes with up to eight players in online multiplayer to place on the worldwide leaderboard

1. StolenGlory

Trailerage here:

2. Fin

Untouched graphics?

Hrmmm…

3. Razor

Late November for Europe? Sega can go fuck themselves…

…still buying it :D

4. Razor

Hmm, well, having just watched that trailer, I thought I was witnessing the Saturn version until I realised that will be what it looks like.

I know they want to retain its history and everything, but yikes…

5. Jet Black

Scud Race would be great too SEGA…

6. Wulfer

OHH baby this just the news I’ve been waiting for, XBLA and LIVE support. The Wulf will come down from the mountain to play this game… Time to Howwwwwwwwwllllllllll OOOOOOOOOOOO.

7. HeavyD-Love

Ummm….after watching the trailer in #1, and the youtube footage of the old versions, this looks like it HAS been given a minor HD makeover despite the article stating otherwise…just saying…

8. elisio

it’s definitely HD as far as screen resolution goes. But the textures and models look the same as the Model 2 originals.
    I’ve noticed a far better draw distance also.

9. mortiferus

Model 2 original 100% Ohhhhh yeah!!!! Now Bring on Sega Rally, Virtua Fighter 1-3 and Virtua racing!!!!

10. majicship

I have been hooked on Sega Bass Fishing on XBL since launch and I find the retro looking graphcs to be part of its wonderful charm. If you are the kind of person that puts graphics over gameplay, I’d say that you might want to stop looking at these retro releases because you will mostly be disapointed. As for me? I can’t wait!

11. OlderGamer

Very excited about this game. As for graphics gaurdian Heros was said to have bad graphics too, but the game has a nice remix(or orig) for your choice, and the remix was very good, imo. GH plays fast and smooth, so long as the gameplay is there I am all in.

Now if someone could give Speed Devils Online(dreamcast) this type of treatment ….

12. Kabby

The music on this game is just incredible. Mostly for the wrong reasons, but still incredible.