Rocksmith to skip Europe until 2012

Wednesday, 12th October 2011 08:32 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Ubisoft has confirmed on Facebook that Rocksmith will not release in Europe until 2012. The game is still down for a release next week, but will miss here until next year due to “music licensing and other external factors.” For those thinking about importing, you may be out of luck. According to GameSpot, the 360 version is region-locked, and the PS3 version won’t be compatible in PAL as won’t post-launch DLC despite it being region-free.

1. ASBI

guys does this game play with an actual guitar ? with actual I mean that I can use it without playing the game , a real guitar, F**K MY ENGLISH :D

2. Talkar

You use your own guitar, yes.

On another note, you can just import the PC version which is set to release some time in December. However, you can still import the PS3 version if you like, since it is a PS3 game, which means it comes on a blu-ray, so it isn’t region locked (as stated in the news), and your ps3 has an HDMI exit you can plug it into an HD TV and not worry about PAL or NTSC since there is no such thing when it comes to HDMI.

3. Chockster

#1 yes – you use a real guitar with it. There’s an interview with one of the chaps about it on major nelson this week. It had actually piqued my interest; shame we possibly won’t see it now.

4. orakaa

Yeah, it really has gotten my interest as well : I have a guitar but barely took the time to learn how to play it and this could be helpful and fun actually.

I thought about importing it at first (PS3) but this game might be the only one where I might consider buying some DLC for it (I hate DLC in general), especially if they extend their library to some blues/jazz/funk tunes. The songs which come with the game are fine and interesting, but I wouldn’t want to cut any possibility to get additional songs (especially some I’d love to learn how to play)
    So I’ll have to wait until it is released in Europe.

5. majicship

You will not learn to play the guitar by playing this. Guitar Hero was the reason I gave up playing and took ‘proper’ guitar lessons. I hope this game has the same effect on a new generation of gamers who realise there is ‘something else’ to do with their time. Mind you, I still put in about 30 odd hours a week on xbox, but that’s not the point!

6. Ireland Michael

@5 Do you actually have any idea what this game is about?

This isn’t a bunch of coloured keys on a plastic instrument. It allows you to use a real guitar. It teaches you the real notes of the songs.

I know people who are decent musicians, have tried this out, and can swear by its ability to teach you how to play music.

7. Sidology

@ 5: You actually can learn guitar by playing this game! I’ve played the game for several hours and can attest to its ability to ease you into learning the instrument.