New Suikoden announced for PSP

Saturday, 17th September 2011 16:33 GMT By Debabrata Nath

Konami made a surprise announcement at a Tokyo Game Show stage event for tri-Ace’s Frontier Gate by disclosing that a new entry in the Suikoden RPG series titled Genso Suikoden Tsumugareshi Hyakunen no Toki is in development for the PSP.

Konami followed up by opening a teaser website as well as a dedicated Twitter account for the game. They also released the first teaser trailer for the title which you can see below. No other details as yet.

Thanks, Andriasang.

1. DaMan

A Tierkreis like spin-off?

2. Suikoden Fan

translated its Suikoden Centennial Tapestry.

Thats the rumor that its like TierKreis but at this point its better to know the franchise isn’t dead, I heard a rumor only a few months ago that Konami disbanded the entire Suikoden Team, this is a relief.

3. DaMan

That’s true, although I really disliked the games they made after the third one, thought the franchise faded away after their lead designer left.

4. Suikoden Fan

I can understand 4, Tactics and TierKreis being abit dissapointing compared to 1 and 2 but tbf 5 was fucking awesome

5. DaMan

V felt like a poorly made attempt at repeating the original. I thought by the end of it the plot has degenerated into what was one of the most generic jrpg cliche. I mean, the ending was lacking to say the least, kind of like watching a poor rehash of Luc’s sideplot.

I didn’t like it’s artstyle too, it was way too easy as well.

6. Ireland Michael

Well done Konami.

Releasing a new game in a franchise that has been hobbling for years, desperately in need of a proper revival, on a format that will be made redundant in a few months times…

Nice move.

*slow clap*

7. Suikoden Fan

@5 i liked 5 alot, it doesnt beat the original that unsurpassable, but it was a very good game and i liked the artwork and the story and political aspects of 5

8. DaMan

#7, I recall reading about the creator of the originals considering some project with Konami a year ago or so, but then dismissing it as too risky. I would assume that was another main series entry.

9. silkvg247

I loved the first one, and the one with the sea whichever it was. :)