Watch this 22 minute walkthrough for Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

Thursday, 8th September 2011 21:18 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Those looking forward to Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning and have 22 minutes to spare, may wish to check out the walkthrough posted below, courtesy of IGN. The RPG, a joint labor of love between indystry vets Todd McFarlane and Ken Rolston along with fantasy novelist RA Salvatore hits shelves on February 7 for PC, PS3, and Xbox 360. Thanks, EvilAvatar.

1. Moonwalker1982

It’s looking awesome, the combat system is something that hasn’t been seen in a RPG yet. Also it looks very different from all the other RPGs out there like Skyrim, The Witcher 2, Risen 2, etc. And that’s a good thing, variety is always good. I don’t see many people talking about this, which is a shame. For a RPG fan, a must have i’m sure. They definitely will receive my money.

2. _LarZen_

So let me get this right…we have here a huge world with 150? dungeons,crafting,big talent trees and a bunch of cool armor setts and other cool stuff.

And I have to play it alone?

3. Phoenixblight

THe combat system hasn’t been seen before? It looks and plays exactly like Fable does, not sure what you are talking about.

The art style is very bland in fact I see nothing of Mcfarlane here. He had to learn the word Polygon Budget. Just big name guys within the comic and book media but have no reputation or creditals for making games. THis will be interesting to see how it will play out. I won’t be getting this game not so close to ME3 anyways.

4. Edo

#2 I know,it’s madness,someone should alert the authorities,think of the children!!!!!

5. Ireland Michael

@3 How the hell does it play “exactly like Fable”?

Fable has a handful of weapons and spells. Those weapons have an extremely simple selection of attacks, and repetitive animations with little depth.

This game has a huge breath of weapons, skills and magical abilities. They all play completely different, with their own unique skill paths, couple with very meaty combat that’s a lot more dynamic than what you usually see in this general.

It’s everything Fable isn’t.

Can’t wait for this game. It looks brilliant.

6. HauntaVirus

Looks pretty fun, not a fan of the choppy combat though. He mentions that it’s supposed to add to the combat but it makes it look like the frame rate is dipping every time he attacks. That ruins for me, damn it looks good other than that though.

7. Phoenixblight

Then its the amount of options and not the actual combat that changes. I saw it and it looks very Zelda or Fable with a lot more options to use for the player?

Thats not exactly new. You just make a database with a lot of options and throw them in game. Morrowind, Oblivion have this already with you creating your own spells even more so with mods. Its great to have options, I am not disagreeing with that but I am not seeing much of anything new other than adding more choices with abilities. It just using Fable/Zelda controls with more options and random generated dungeons.

8. BloodyJoe

Now after Demon’s and Dark Souls it feels pretty awkward not to die from a big explosive trap or getting hit by enemies more then ten times. They need to get more tense in this battle system! But is looks fun so I’m waiting for this.