Tue, Sep 06, 2011 | 09:15 BST
BULLETCAST, September 6 – What you need to know now
Pat lets out his inner Gears fanboyism, Battlefield 3 may come on two discs on 360 and can you actually play Dragon Quest X to the end without an internet connection? Find the answer in video and text form.
- Feature Content: Pat only cares personally about one game right now: Gears of War 3. Hence why, just this once, he let his inner fanboy come out whilst speaking to Epic’s Mike Capps about the game at gamescom.
- Resistance 3′s reviews have started coming online. This definitely isn’t looking shit, by the looks of things so far.
- Battlefield 3 will come on two discs for the 360 version, according to a Japanese report. EA gave a no comment to us on it yesterday.
- It’s Dead Island mania: an iOS strategy app is releasing today to coincide with the US release of the game and a day one patch that features 37 fixes will also go live.
- Does Dragon Quest X let you finish the full game without an internet connection? The answer, despite appearing that would be the case at first yesterday, is no. And you may also have to pay for the privilege of playing the game.
- Vita’s being rumoured for a November release in Japan and elsewhere in Asia, according to a French website. Take some salt until we hear more from Shuhei Yoshida’s TGS keynote next week. In fellow Vita news, nine new games for the handheld are to be shown in Famitsu this week.
- Halo 4′s going to explore Master Chief’s story, 343′s Frank O’Connor said to 1UP. This follows similar comments of the sort at HaloFest last month.
- Kojima’s confirmed four-play online co-op for Peace Walker HD. Sweeeeet.
- IO’s going to be at Eurogamer Expo to show Hitman Absolution.
- Driver was fended off from the top of the UK charts by Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Bodycount pretty much bombed too.
- Here’s a new FF Type 0 trailer.