Tue, Sep 06, 2011 | 08:13 BST
AU News Wrap, September 6 – What happened today
Three more hours, Brenna, You can do it.
Epic’s Capps: Gears of War 3 and the next generation
If Pat says something looks glorious, it surely looks glorious. Guess what he thinks of Gears of War 3?
Oh, no, not until work ends – I’m already well past the productive stage and into idly sighing over the afternoon’s dishes. It’s that my partner comes home this evening after almost three weeks in Europe. Naturally, I’ve completely bollocksed our car and can’t go do the airport pick up thing – but I’m going to meet the plane anyway. Can I carry your bag? Please, enter my chariot – courtesy of CityRail.
See Johnny’s wrap if you need a catch up on yesterday; he’ll also have a Bulletcast for you shortly, if he hasn’t already.
Today’s header is from a beautiful series by Jo Metson Scott and Nicola Yeoman.
- Final Fantasy Type-0 trailer is five minutes of characters
Most of the dialogue makes even less sense in English.
- Ono: Street Fighter I and II have “the ideal” UI
I has Street Fighter II Turbo Remix on my Mega Drive. I used to wail away with Vega. He’s still the most awesome.
- Halo 4 to explore Master Chief’s story
Fans want more Master Chief? No, really?
- Rumour – PS Vita to release in Asia November 12
Sony can totally send me a Vita in November, sure. What.
- Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker runs co-op at 60 FPS
I cannot wait to play this on my PS3. I loved it, but the PSP controls were a constant struggle.
- Nine new Vita titles to be revealed this week
I should make a list of everything expected so far. Vita’s launch window is looking insanely replete – but then, so did the 3DS’s, and we all know how that turned out, worst luck.
- Modern Warfare 3 multiplayer to track and reward progress
Multiplayer’s really divisive, isn’t it? On the one hand, who wants to play the same game over and over again – but on the other, where else do you get a gameplay experience with truly dynamic difficulty?
- Dead Island to receive extensive day one patch
Using reviewers as beta testers? I like it!
- Namco Bandai’s TGS line up detailed
They’re also hosting a pre-show party – which I can’t make. BLOO BLOO BLOO.
- Battlefield 3′s unlocks may take 100 hours to collect
But how long to unlock LAZER TANK?
- Dragon Quest X requires Internet connection after introductory hours
There’s some mental NES news in here too.
- Another bonkers Rise of Nightmares trailer
Shit, that headline doesn’t have a verb in it. Just an implied existence.
- PS Plus Update – Resident Evil, Star Wars PSP, more
I often wonder why I subscribe to PS Plus, and then there’s a beta.
- Tuesday Shorts – Crysis tease, Angry Birds PSN update, Uwe Boll back again
It’s the time of day when I can’t bear to write anything longer than two sentences.