IO Interactive to present Hitman Absolution at EG Expo

Monday, 5th September 2011 13:10 GMT By Johnny Cullen

EG’s confirmed that IO Interactive will show Hitman Absolution at Eurogamer Expo in two weeks. Lead producer Hakan Abrak will show the reboot during three dev sessions at the event on Friday & Saturday at 2pm and Sunday at 3pm. Going by what we saw at gamescom a couple of weeks back, this is something you need to see if you’re going to Earls Court. Hit up our piece to see why.

Game’s out next year for PS3, 360 and PC. Get tickets for the event here, but be quick: Saturday’s sold out, so it probably isn’t too far behind that you’re going to start seeing everything else selling out.

1. TerraZet

Its a shame hitman fans don’t give a shit about this.

Cannot wait to see gameplay that ultimately ruins everything a Hitman game is suppose to be

2. YoungZer0

@1: Cry harder.

A Hitman game is supposed to be about stealth. You could always go berserk in the other games. So how did this become a bad thing all of a sudden? You want your mini-map and slower gameplay? Go play Death to Spies.

3. YoungZer0

It bothers the fuck out of me that people always want innovation, but at the same time complain about it.

You know what? As different as Conviction was, after playing it, i can’t return to the old Splinter Cell.

4. Ireland Michael

“Its a shame that deluded fanboys on the internet, who are out of touch with reality, constantly stuck in the past and hate any sort of change whatsoever, don’t give a shit about this.”

Fixxed.

5. YoungZer0

Thank you, Michael.

6. StolenGlory

Yep, same thing happened to me. Whilst I was playing SC: Conviction, I was nitpicking all kinds of little things like not being able to hide corpses, the lack of the wall-split jump and so on, but afterwards I went back and tried to finish off Double Agent and for the life of me, just couldn’t stand the ruddy thing.

I’d also like to put a somewhat OT shout-out for SC: Conviction as being a great piece of entertainment with friends before a night out.

There really is nothing like going split-screen with a mate, casually drinking your poison as the night wears on, only to see our meticously crafted stealth strategies degrade (along with our awareness and reflexes) into loud, brash shotgun and assault rifle fests.

Brilliant game :)

7. OrbitMonkey

@4 Lol, too true :)

8. TerraZet

Hows that shit tasting guys? Hahaha, god you’re all pathetic.

9. YoungZer0

@6: Yup. Tried to play Double Agent in Coop with a friend. Suddenly you felt slower, weaker and less agile. For some reason i was also unable to hit somebody. You’d run up behind them and had to hit the knock-up button like 3 times. I never felt this out of control with my characters in Conviction.

Just because you can go full-berserk, doesn’t mean you have to. It that thing most players don’t seem to realize. Nobodies forcing you to play it like that. If you fuck up, quick-load.

@8: Your argument is very convincing. Especially since you saw little-to-no gameplay of the new hitman.

10. Ireland Michael

@8 Someone is butthurt.

11. DSB

I’d love to see a properly done Hitman. I finally did get around to playing Blood Money, and it’s alright, but to me it’s still plagued by the same things as the other ones. It’s not as bad as Silent Assassin, but it’s not as good as 47. It’s still all improvisation and trial and error, and to me that’s a sloppy way of making a game.

I must’ve said it a million times, but I wish they’d go back and play the hotel mission from the original Codename 47, and just make an entire game as smooth and awesome as that. That would be one of my best games of all time.

12. StolenGlory

@8 Someone needs to swallow some batteries and fuck off.

13. xino

wow man!
    2pm
    my ticket starts at 2pm..and if i get there I just want to RUN and play NG3.

it’s either I avoid this (hoping someone post it on youtube) and enjoy ng3