Good afternoon, soldiers! Spring has sprung and I am both cheery and productive – evidence lies within.
Sports Showdown: Madden, FIFA, PES, NHL and NBA 2K
Don’t give me that “go outside and play the real thing” bullshit. Why don’t you join the army, eh?
Today’s header image is of Sufjan Stevens, which is not what I was listening to, but by some bizarre coincidence it was the Dandy Warhols again, so I scrolled down to the next one on the list. I like his music, but not in that kind of scarily devoted way where you know everything about him and obsess over his politics. I was like, oh, is that what he looks like? I’m not sure where this image came from originally; the place I found it seemed pretty dodgy – loads of popups despite blockers – so I won’t link.
Unfortunately, there’ll be no Bulletcast today, unless Johnny’s doing it, because Pat’s Internet was eaten alive by a storm or something. You’ll have to content yourself with reading until he bullies the authorities into hooking his line back up. Still, here’s today for you:
- Dead Island US street release date broken
Naughty, naughty. I wonder if it’s demand, or the release drought, that motivated this?
- New Square Enix COO to push mobile and social development
I have been trying to write this description for six minutes now, and I can’t find a way out that doesn’t make me look like an awful person. Oh hey, there we go!
- See 45 minutes of direct feed Dead Island gameplay
I’m starting to feel a distinct longing for this one. I don’t like shooters much but I love massive open worlds – big fan of Far Cry 2, for example.
- At least three city hubs cut from Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Man I bet there was some heartbreak when they scrapped Montreal. Locals have a lot of reason to be proud of their city.
- Persona 2: Innocent Sin US launch trailer
I didn’t realise this never reached the US. Could be all the Nazi stuff they had to censor for the re-release.
- Mutation Station turns up on Australian classification database
I really must write that script for harvesting Classifications Board updates. It leaks like a sinking ship.
- No DLC for Bastion because it feels “complete”
A rare situation for a developer to be in. More of this please, industry.
- Resistance 3 survivor documentary is a tearjerker
Resistance really makes me think. What would I do in the face of a hostile attack? Could I actually cope, or would I be under the couch, crying?
- Sony: Microsoft’s publishing guidelines ‘protect consumers from great content’
Oh ho, meouch! How the tides turn eh?
- Forza 4 trailer shows off Infineon Raceway
I miss the days when I could play racers and not feel my inferiority so keenly.
- AMY tech demos show off facial animation
Man, this game looks sweet. Of course, I say that about every survival title.
- Riot shutters OS-X support for League of Legends
Oh, that’s not good. Macs are too common for Riot to break out of the hardcore without them.
- Rock of Ages marks launch with new trailer, screens
Is it just me or is Atlus growing boulder with its indie publishing? Ho ho ho.
- New Pokémon Centre to support victims of Tohoku quake
A timely reminder to fork over a little cash to the Red Cross.
- Modern Warfare 3 Hardened Edition to cost $100
Estimated to cost SEVENTY GAZILLION Australian dollars.
- Insomniac halts Resistance 3 development for Freddie Wong vid
Insomniac must have been pretty confident in its gold date.
- Gears of War 3 informed by fan feedback, other games, metrics
So Catherine struck a nerve for Cliff Bleszinski? Interesting.
- Halo 4’s Master Chief shines in new teaser artwork
Totally the wrong shape for desktopping.
- MLG Pro Circuit: Full Results from Raleigh
It takes quite a while for the official results to surface, something we hope to change.
- Monday Shorts – Gears of War LE selling out; Mass Effect statue scandal; Dead Island’s famous family
My god, I think I’m going to finish on time.
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.