Activision has released the first screenshots of the multiplayer in Modern Warfare 3, along with all the information you could ever want to know about the mode, including perks, killstreaks, and proficiency systems.
Co-developed by Infinity Ward and Sledgehammer, Modern Warfare 3 will contain the usual fast-paced, gun-on-gun combat, along with new features that support and enhance different styles of play.
Strike Package and Weapon Proficiency Systems, along with Elite’s new social and competitive features, the teams behind the game hope it will allow folks to play a bit better together.
With Elite, gamers will be able to access the console app to check stats, connect with other friends and engage in competition, all via their console. Modern Warfare 3 players also have the ability to identify Facebook friends and fellow Elite members in-game, as well as the ability to sync custom load outs to game, engage in daily live competition to win real-world prizes, rewards and more.
The game contains all new Strike Packages, and Killstreaks have been redesigned to reward different play styles and skill levels. Completing game mode objectives now counts towards your Pointstreak progression, and this time around, kills are not the only way to earn Pointstreaks – these Pointstreaks will also cater to more unique play-styles such as the following:
- Assault Strike Package – Pointstreaks within this package chain and are designed for more direct damage (Predator, helicopter, etc), just like in Modern Warfare 2. Your streak resets on death.
- Support Strike Package – Pointstreaks within this package do not chain. However, streaks do not reset on death. Streaks are more support oriented (UAV, Counter UAV, SAM turret, etc)
- Specialist Strike Package – Pointstreaks designed for the expert players. Rewards come in the form of additional perks. A player activates additional Perks as they progress in a Pointsreak. These perks last until death.
Strike Packages include but are not limited to:
- Streak count resets on death.
- 5 kills: I.M.S.
- 9 kills: Strafe Run
- 9 kills: AH-6 Overwatch
- 10 kills: Assault Drone
- 15 kills: Juggernaut
- Streak count does not reset on death.
- 5 kills: Ballistic Vest
- 5 kills: Airdrop Trap
- 10 kills: Recon Drone
- 14 kills: Stealth Bomber
- 18 kills: Juggernaut Recon
- Unlock one additional Perk at 2
- kills, a second additional perk at
- 4 kills and your next at 6 kills.
These perks operate in addition to the standard 3 assigned to the custom load out chosen at the beginning of a match.
Death Streaks make their return in Modern Warfare 3 and include but not limited to:
- 4– Juiced (run faster)
- 5 – Revenge (last person to kill you is visible on radar)
- 5 – Hollow Points (increased bullet damage for 1 kill)
- 6 – Dead Man’s Hand (player falls into last stand with C4)
New weapon ranking system
MW3 evolves your gun progression and features more than 40 weapons that are either in-use or being field-tested by special forces. Such armaments include: Primary – Assault: SMG, LMG, Sniper Rifles, Shotguns and Riot Shield; Secondary – Machine Pistols, Handguns and Launchers.
The new weapon progression is designed to improve specific weapon leveling unlocks (attachments, reticules, and camos) and Weapon Proficiencies allow players to specialize their weapons with new attributes – some even unique to weapon classes.
Some Proficiencies include:
- Kick – Reduced recoil when firing
- Attachments – Two attachments on Primary
- Focus – Reduced flinch when hit
- Stability – Reduced sway when ADS
Some Attachments include:
- Red Dot Sight
- Holographic sight
- Dual Scope (Close Range/Long Range Optics)
New perks and game modes
Much is being made about the new perks in the game, and below you will find, yet another, list for those as well.
- Recon – Explosive damage paints the target on the mini map
- Blind Eye – Undetectable by air support/sentries
- Assassin – Undetectable by UAV, portable radar, thermal, heartbeat
- Quickdraw – Faster aim down sight
- Stalker – Move faster while aiming
- Marksman – Identify targets at longer range
While there are new game modes in MW3, fan-favorites such as Free-for-All, Team Deatmatch, Match Domination and more have returned as well. So no fretting there.
The series of new modes making their introduction to the Modern Warfare series are:
- Kill Confirmed – Collect dog tags from killed players. Prevent the other team from collecting yours
- Team Defender – Grab the flag and protect the flag carrier to increase your team’s score
- Private match modes include:
- Infection – The infected kills enemies to recruit them for the infected team.
- Drop Zone – Hold the Drop Zone for Team Points and Care Packages.
- Team Juggernaut – With the support of a juggernaut, kill players on the opposing team. The firstteam to reach the score limit wins.
- Juggernaut – Kill the Juggernaut to become the new Juggernaut
Gun Game – Be the first to dominate with every gun
One in the Chamber – Gain ammo by eliminating enemies. Be the last to survive.
Modern Warfare 3 is out November 8 for PC, PS3, and Xbox 360.