Full 12 minute Metro: Last Light gameplay video does the rounds

Tuesday, 23rd August 2011 08:24 GMT By Johnny Cullen

THQ’s released, as promised, the full 12 minute gameplay video of the Metro: Last Light. This was the demo from the 4A shooter that was shown at E3 in June and at gamescom last week. Going by what we saw in Cologne, it’s looking spectacular.

Get it below the break. Game’s out next year for PS3, 360 and PC.

1. BULArmy

I don’t know for now I just can’t get hyped for the game. I love the first one, maybe I don’t like tis os much, because it is not connected to the books and I am huge nerd of the universe and the stories from the books.
    The only spark for now is that it looks like thay are keeping for now the army grade and metro made shells, this can be seen on the bolt action rifle in the scripted train section.

2. cgalla2000

I find it hard to get hyped for a game that is coming out so far in advance. To me it seems such an odd choice to release 12 minutes of gameplay when the game is a year away from release…

3. manamana

@2 my guess: they wanted to do a 12mins “fault line” trailer, Battlefield3 style….and completely missed the momentum.

4. Kabby

Looks dull and the graphics are nothing to write home about.

5. Maximum Payne

@4 Not sure if he serious.

6. cgalla2000

@5 Troll for the sake of troll? MUST NOT FEED BUT..SO…TEMPTING

7. DSB

Looks like they’ve changed next to nothing.

That’s a real shame. If they were to build on the last one and make it more open, it would be an incredible game.

8. YoungZer0

@7: It’s fucking Tunnels, man!

9. DSB

@8 That’s really just a bad excuse for not making the levels more interesting.

And it’s not just tunnels. Some of the most interesting bits for me are on the surface, wearing the mask and feeling completely alone. That’s kinda broken up by the fact that I’m being pushed into corridors everywhere. Why not give people the choice whether they want to explore buildings or not?

Obviously the fact that most of it takes place in abandoned railway tunnels sets certain restrictions, but you still have wide open spaces down there. It’s just a question of applying imagination and hiding the fact that you’re playing a corridor shooter a bit better.

It would be too much to ask to make it a “traveller” game like Stalker, but it really needs to be a lot more open. The whole feel of it begs for several ways to ambush bad guys.