Silent Hill HD Collection to appear on Xbox 360, simultaneous release intended

Wednesday, 17th August 2011 12:47 GMT By Stace Harman

Konami has revealed that the upcoming HD collection of its dread-filled franchise will also be released on 360, citing fan response to the originally agreed PS3-exclusivity as the reason. Power to the people.

The Silent Hill HD Collection, featuring the second and third games in the franchise, will launch on 360 as well as PS3, Konami announced during its gamescom press conference. The company also said it’s aiming to launch both versions simultaneously.

No specific release date is available, although Konami has previously said it’s aiming for a September/October release.

Thanks, Joystiq.

1. Blerk

Nice to see a company listening to what people are saying for a change.

Do we know whether the version of Silent Hill 2 in this package will include the extra mini-episode that was in the Xbox version and PS2 budget release? I’ve never played that, and it could persuade me to buy this once it hits a reasonable price point.

2. Panou

I don’t really understand why they didn’t include the 4th game too… okay it’s a bit less EPIC than the second one and the third one, but it’s still a very good game with a great atmosphere. I would’ve loved to see it in HD.

Also, why didn’t they include a voucher code to download the first Silent Hill on the PSN (just like in the Limited Edition of the MGS Collection)??

I have the feeling that this compilation is not complete at all (it sounds more like a best-of than a real collection, actually), and that’s a shame.

Anyway, Silent Hill 2 & 3 are two masterpieces, so that’s still a good deal for those who have never played them (and for others too).

3. Gadzooks!

Limiting yourself to the PS3 audience would be a pretty dumb move, so well done Konami.

Playing the Silent Hill games has been on my to-do list for quite a while. Great news.

4. Blerk

Silent Hill 2 is one of my favourite games ever. Ever ever.

5. Phoenixblight

Silent Hill 3 was one of my favorites and right next to it is SIlent Hill 2. I can’t wait to crack at these again come this fall.

6. JonFE

I recently purchased SH2 on the original Xbox (obviously prior to the HD remake announcement at E3) and look forward to play both the original and the remake in quick succession.

7. triggerhappy

New tag: Been in the News? Thread for Two Days :P

8. Panipal2005

Not coming until early 2012 according to Eurogamer

9. Phoenixblight

Naw Konami has came out said that the collection is coming out in Sept/October

10. osric90

Yeah, I agree, the fourth game should be in the disc, DEFINITELY. At least for PS3 beacuse I don’t know if it would fit on a Xbox 360 disc. OR a Silent Hill (PS1) download code for both versions.

11. Blerk

Silent Hill 4 really was a load of old cack, though. Complain about the lack of the first game, but don’t mourn 4. It wasn’t even really a Silent Hill game, they just rebranded it as one.

12. Panipal2005

@9 Would love to know where you heard that.

13. Phoenixblight

Even from Eurogamer

14. Panipal2005

@13 Unfortunately those articles are from July…the one I linked to was posted yesterday.

15. Phoenixblight

Doesn’t matter the ones I have given are sourced from Konami where the article you posted has no source whatsoever.