Hello. What have I been doing today? I’ve been celebrating our Games Media Award nomination by writing news. And more news. And more, more news. And doing a phone interview too.
That phoner is the reason why this is late. Sorry. Here’s the news from my shift today. Boom? Boom.
- Featured Content – Deus Hex: Arkane’s Smith and Colantonio on Dishonored
You have no idea how excited I am for this. Nathan wrote some words for it at QuakeCon and has made my wait to see it next Thursday in Cologne even more unbearable.
- Tesco, Morrisons going sub-£120 3DS before tomorrow’s price-cut
Get one now before the RRP gets decided! GO, GO!
- Japanese investor pressures Nintendo on smartphone jump
Unless Nintendo does a Sega anytime soon, this isn’t going to happen at all.
- PlayStation Home to stream Sony gamescom presser live
It could get crowded in there, so go in with some salt. But then, what happens? Are you: A – RUNNING AROUND IN CIRCLES? Or B – GOING TO FIND A DIFFERENT LIVE STREAM? You could do C, though: READ OUR LIVEBLOG FROM TUESDAY UK DINNERTIME!
- GMA 2011 finalists confirmed – we’re one of them!
We’re up for Best Blog! Thank you so much to those who voted for us, it’s absolutely appreciated. And a personal congrats to TheSixthAxis too for their Best Site nod.
- Carbine’s “future fantasy” MMO gets first image, real details
This is the big one. Watch the site from Wednesday morning when its announced.
- Sony, LG settle patent dispute
Love and peace, man. Love. And. Peace.
- 300,000 players join Age of Conan: Unchained in first month
And server capacity quadrupled in the first F2P month.
- Thursday shorts: Mortal Kombat, Blinding of Issac, Gabe Newell, Rovio
SHORTS! WHO DOESN’T LOVE SHORTS!?
- Feargel Sharkey to deliver address at London Games Conference
Oh Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat. And so on.
- Molyneux rules out melee combat in Fable: The Journey
You need to feel the experience of a sword stabling you or being shot with a gun or turned into something with magic. Kinect doesn’t provide that.
- Modern Warfare 3 to be at GAMEFest
It’s the UK’s first hands-on with the shooter too!
- Quick shots: FFXIII-2 shots show throwable Moogle
Moogles are throwable in FFXIII-2. Isn’t there some sort of cruelty law against that or whatever?
- Nintendo dismisses London store talk as “speculation”
Nintendo UK shop talk is only merely a “rumour,” the company has told VG247.
- EA announces Grand Slam Tennis 2 for 2012 launch on PS3, 360
EA’s tennis series, previously promised for PS3 and 360, awakens again for said platforms next year. But no Wii version, though.
And that’s that. Now to pack some more for Germany. That phone interview, by the way, is going live on Monday, but I’ll give you a preview of it tomorrow. Great interview too, so please do read it when we publish the full banana.
See you tomorrow, where I am going to do something that I haven’t done for the wraps that Steph and Brenna have done for theirs: use a non-game image. After all, it’s my final wrap before Cologne. And, you could say, you have to “let go.”
See you then.
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.