This is spectacularly late, I know. But blame two things: EVO and Warner Bros. Why blame the latter? You’ll find out tomorrow.
In additional news, more gamescom goodness came in for us today to the point our timetable’s gotten literally ridiculous. Bring on Cologne. Here is the news.
- Featured Content: Win a 5-star trip to play Battlefield 3 at DICE in Sweden!
This was in Bren’s wrap this morning, but just to reiterate: do you want to go to Sweden? WHAT? Do you want to go to DICE? WHAT? Do you want to play Battlefield 3? WHAT? Of course you do. Here you are.
- Fuudo wins SSFIV AE EVO championship, Daigo beasted
Daigo gets his ass handed to him in spectacular fashion. Watch to see how.
- Soul Calibur V gets new gameplay footage from EVO
Aside from ass-kicking, there was also new games on show. Soul Calibur V was one of them.
- Tekken Tag Tournament 2 gets an hour’s worth of gameplay footage
And here’s another: TTK2.
- Armored Core V gets delay into 2012
Thinking of importing AC5 from Japan instead of waiting till next year like us simple folk? Neh-uh.
- UK charts: Zumba in chart-topper non-shocker
Zumba hitting top spot in the UK charts now seems as much a surprise as the sun and the moon appearing every day.
- Blizzard: Heart of the Swarm campaign all about “fury, revenge, hatred”
Feel the rage. Feel the rage.
- Warner to publish Grasshopper’s Lollipop Chainsaw
It’s great to see western publishers haven’t been turned off towards Grashopper despite Shadows of the Damned’s less than great sales.
- Witcher 2′s 360 version pushed back to Q1 2012
Giving it more polish and its ongoing legal fight with Namco are the cited reasons for the delay.
- Capcom announces SSFIV AE Ver 2012 update
Hold the phone: this isn’t a brand new SKU of SSFIV. It’s just an update to rebalance Arcade Edition.
- Magnetic Billiards to get “further content expansions” in “coming months”
You should probably get this if you haven’t already: it’s free. And free is good.
- Blizzard “still passionate” about delivering StarCraft II Mod Marketplace
Blizzard still remains dedicated to the Mod Marketplace for StarCraft II, says Rob Pardo.
- Driver: San Francisco video details multiplayer
Go have a watch at the multiplayer of the Reflections reboot.
- Grandia creator Takeshi Miyaji passes away
Very, very sad news from Japan. Grandia is held in very high regard in the gaming community.
- EA announces Andy McNab-penned Battlefield 3 novel
Because there’s nothing like having a book alongside your recently-bought shooter game.
And that’s it. We promise to be more punctual tomorrow. Pinky swear. For now, I’m going to do what I should have been doing when I was told it was a bank holiday, but it actually wasn’t: sleep. See you tomorrow!
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.