Pachter: No “dispute” that Nintendo has best exclusives

Wednesday, 20th July 2011 02:52 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Industry analyst Michael Pachter has countered Microsoft’s claim to the best exclusives.

“Nintendo’s first-party content is vastly superior to either other console manufacturer’s, and don’t think that either Sony or Microsoft would really dispute that,” Pachter told IndustryGamers.

Pachter was asked to respond to comments from Microsoft’s Dennis Durkin, whom Pachter describes as “a great guy” but “paid to be loyal to his Microsoft family”.

Asked who he backs after Nintendo, Pachter said there may be “a scientific way” to determine whether Sony or Microsoft is better, but that it’s like comparing Target to Wal-Mart.

“They’re both good, and people have different tastes,” he said.

I have all three consoles, and love Sony first party titles like God of War, Gran Turismo, Uncharted, Little Big Planet and the upcoming Twisted Metal, and I love Microsoft first party titles like Halo, Forza, Fable, Alan Wake and Gears.”

Thanks, CVG.

1. TVs Everywhere

Rofl, that’s just flat out false.

What exactly has Nintendo done this past few years? Yet Another Mario Game Again? Yet Another Zelda? That horrid excuse of a Metroid game?

I find it hilarious Pachter thinks even Nintedo’s competition would agree with his contrived opinion. Simply hilarious.

2. triggerhappy

Here we go again. This is going to be… interesting :D

3. Gama_888

Pffftt what is this guys smoking?
    I guess in terms of overall sales ninty has the best exclusives but i for 1 have had enough of mario and have never really been into zelda.
    besides those and metroid, wth else has nintendo got? except more mini games than they know what to do with.

I love new ip’s and having a whole new universe to explore and ninty just doesn’t have that

4. OlderGamer

Pachter +1 on this.

Most of the people that would really and honestly put up a fight to this are folks young enough to still think they are cool. And young enough to think that being cool still matters. And young enough to think that their game choices/selections are on of the things that define them as cool.

Hell Nintendos first party games are soo good, 3rd party games have a hard time competing on the same platform. And collectivly, Nintendos exclusives sell crazy good. I dare say better them most if not all of MS and Sony platform exclusives.

Nintendos games are top notch. There, your turn.

5. OlderGamer

I do agree with you Gama about enjoying new IPs. I like fresh games too. But in all honesty – how many games are frsh? How many new IPs are just rehashed games anyways?

Its kind of like a book/movie all of the stories have been told. Now they are just being told with new settings. the video game equivelent of that is a shooter in space, a shooter in wwII, a shooter in the Wild West, a shooter in a modern combat battlefield. And its not just shooters of course.

But my point being is that most games new ip or not aren’t anything new, just fresh coats of paint on old ideas.

That doesn’t, by itself, make them bad. People like what they like, andwhen it works it works. A good game is still a good game. And thats what drives Nintendo first party sales of their franchise games system after system. they are just good games. IMO, of course.

6. Gama_888

True, but i’d rather play a slightly less fresh new Ip, with new story and setting. THAN RESCUE THE FUCKING PRINCESS AGAIN.

7. Telepathic.Geometry

Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Pikmin, Kirby, Donkey Kong, Pokemon… What do you think MS or Sony would give for these franchises? I love Sony 1st party titles a lot, but if we are talking money spinners, and I assume that we are, the best exclusives belong to Ninty without a doubt. If it is down to quality, Ninty must surely have it too.

In my books, it is Ninty, then Sony then MS.

I guess different people prefer different types of games and hence will have a different order, but MS specialise in two game types that hold zero interest for me, pure shooters and driving simulations. :^/ I just can’t get into them…

8. GwynbleiddiuM

Well, for the first time in his entire life he said something true. Yup for many of us another Zelda, another Mario, another Metroid might not seem a lot interesting but those franchises been around for more than two decades and sold a lot of nintendo consoles. And if we are to measure them with “another zelda, mario, etc” attitude it goes both ways, another halo, another gears, another uncharted, another killzone, etc.

I’m gonna go with what OlderGamer said. I can’t forget how excited I was playing Super Mario on NES for the first time, it was heck of a fun and I loved it back then. Even now after 20 years I still play the rom sometimes, I had super mario games on my DSi too, until Kojima made me to buy a worthless PSP to be able to play Peace Walker, I played that and two God of War games on it plus Ace Combat. That’s about it, I really hate myself for selling my DSi overall I had more fun with it and those games. I think I will give 3DS a try too as long as it still comes with a Flipnote studio.

Nintendo is all about fun gameplay that works, I don’t really care about the story in a Super Mario title. But I do care about the story in a game like Dragon Age II who failed to succeed its predecessor in every fuckin’ way. So fresh IP that fails or ancient IP that works just like a charm, hmmm, tough choice… OLD IP FTW, that’s why I’ve been sitting on my rear end since 2000 to get my hands on another DIABLO, and I really do wanna play that before I hit 30.

9. TVs Everywhere

@5:

I’m a former Nintendo fanboy who did nothing but buy on Nintendo games. My childhood consisted of practically breathing Nintendo games day and night. But these past few years they’ve been a complete joke. Rehash after remake after failed experiment after mediocre sequel. Terrible console hardware, horrid online strategy, and repeatedly making the exact same mistakes then turning around and pretending like they “learned from them” (kind of like how they promised they’d fix online for 3DS, they didn’t and now they’re promising to fix it for the Wii U. Same thing for the “launch drought”).

I know for a fact that Nintendo’s capable of so much more, because I was with them since the NES days. I’m sorry if you think they’re the second coming, but they’re aren’t. Not by a long shot. And Pachter’s wrong 90% of the time, I don’t know why you’re thinking he’s right in this one, because he isn’t.

10. Christopher Jack

My only problem that I have with Nintendo’s franchises is how much they sell when there’s very little technological power behind it when you compare them with modern AAAs like Gears & Uncharted.

Don’t get me wrong, I still respect the developers’ & their effort, I just think Nintendo itself needs to open it’s wings a little more to appeal to people, like myself, who don’t enjoy kiddy or fitness games.

Say what you will, they’re kiddy games, no one’s judging you for enjoying a franchise you grew up with, that would be pretty pathetic but honestly, do you think it’s fair that something as trivial as Mario Kart Wii deserves to sell about twice as much as both Gears & Uncharted franchises combined?

11. Clupula

As a 36 year old, I have little-to-no interest in Nintendo’s first party exclusives. It’s just Mario, Zelda, Metroid. Smash Brothers. Repeat. Repeat. I got a PS3, however, with God of War 3 in mind. With Twisted Metal in mind. Uncharted. Infamous. Hell, even Siren. All first party titles that keep me on a Sony system.

Not into their FPS offerings like Killzone or Resistance, but the rest of their first party software? Untouchable this gen.

As usual, Pachter doesn’t know his ass from a hole in the ground.

At least, when Nintendo had Rare, they had a lot more varied output. You could definitely argue whose first party titles were better back then. Now, however? Sony, all the way.

Although, I will say, if Sega ever got back in the console business, looking at the titles they released this gen alone (Valkyria Chronicles, Yakuza, Vanquish, Bayonetta, Virtua Fighter, House of the Dead, Madworld, Resonance of Fate, etc…), they would embarrass everybody with how much better their first party titles would be.

12. Zana

It’s another proof that Pachter doesn’t play games.

13. Hybridpsycho

“OlderGamer” is full of bullshit, I bet you’re not even an actual “Older Gamer”.

Anyways, Pachter is always full of bullshit. Though I guess it depends on which crowd we’re talking. Actual gamers or casual “barely even finish any of the games” gamers.

Yes I do think there’s a difference.

14. HighLow

The major reason to buy a Nintendo console is because of the first party lineup. It may not personally appeal to you but it does to many, many other people.

15. GwynbleiddiuM

@11 Well Chris it’s not pathetic it’s passion. We all do what we love and what we love always differ from the guy next. Don’t get me wrong I’m huge PC fan and a PS fan, I love those triple As, the likes of Uncharted and I buy them all and enjoy them all the same, but the type of games I like to play first and foremost must have a decent gameplay, then I’d go with Story, lore and setting, then I’d go with art direction and artistic design, and after all these I go with eyecandy and such. I enjoy playing super mario bros and I can’t hide it.

Yeah maybe this brings some old feelings back but I still very much like to play those kind of games as much as I like to play all those triple As with lots of cool new technologies that they incorporate. Something that people enjoy doing them is worthy of time and worthy of every penny people spending on them. That’s why 12 million people around the world continuing to subscribe for World of WarCraft even though it looks outdated as hell.

He’s right on this one because statics are there to back his claims, we can’t deny that. Nintendo has a goal and that goal is to appeal to as much people as possible with that mentality their doing an awesome job and have all the right IPs for it. Kiddy, casual, maybe yes, but also fun that appeals to everyone including core gamers. I honestly don’t care about how much unit a game sells as long as it makes me content.

16. Erthazus

@CJ,
    “My only problem that I have with Nintendo’s franchises is how much they sell when there’s very little technological power behind it when you compare them with modern AAAs like Gears & Uncharted”

that does not make them a bad games. They are unique in gameplay so your argument here is invalid.

“do you think it’s fair that something as trivial as Mario Kart Wii deserves to sell about twice as much as both Gears & Uncharted franchises combined?”

first of all. Mario Kart Wii is not Uncharted or Gears Of War competitor.

Mario Kart is Modnation Racers competitor which Sony also develop.
    your argument here is INVALID.

Sony also develop fitness and stupid dancing games.

17. Erthazus

Anyway, if someone thinks that Sony’s 1st party games are TEH best in the business you are mistaken a lot or just a SONY fanboy. Sure, they have great games like inFamous series, Uncharted series, Heavy Rain is nice, God Of war, Demons Souls (from ATLUS) is pretty much great, Gran Turismo too, LittlebigPlanet series, Twisted Metal is fun, MGS 4 (Konami) Journey, flower, (Sega exclusive like Valkyria chronicles is awesome).

but everything else is BELOW average.
    Killzone 2-3 – is a shitty and retarded FPS that is already forgotten with story on par with Call Of duty series, with shitty sub-par HDR buffed graphics.
    Resistance 1-2-3 is below average. Everything about it is retarded.
    MAG – sub-par and average FPS game
    SOCOM 4 – one of the worst 3rd person shooters
    Heavenly Sword – CRAP (Ninja theory)
    New Ratchet and Clank games – Super Mario Galaxy Rip Off
    PlayStation Move Heroes – CRAP
    White Knight Chronicles – CRAPPY JRPG

Not to mention Crappy dance, singing and party games.

So no… Sony’s games are pretty much hit or miss like Nintendo’s.

18. Christopher Jack

@16, You read me wrong, I think that it’s pathetic to judge someone for liking a franchise like Mario.

@Erthazus, don’t be so ignorant, all video games compete with each other, not all of them directly but my point’s still valid. Also, I never said that Sony didn’t develop gimmicky games, I’ve been avoiding Singstar for a pretty long time now.

I also think it’s a unfair how you instantly write off R&C as a SMG ripoff otherwise you may as well say that all platformers are Mario ripoffs. They may have been inspired by it, hell even I’ll admit that Super Mario 64 is nothing but a classic, the N64 was probably the only Nintendo console that I liked, but Insomniac has clearly crafted their own respectable universe.

19. Gekidami

Pachter doesnt deal in originality or quality. So yeah, he’s basing this fully off sales.

It needs to be make clear on everything Pachter says: He isnt a gamer but a business man. He’ll always side with the guys making the most money.

20. Blerk

I really don’t rate Nintendo’s exclusives at all. I can see why other people like them, but they just leave me cold.

I don’t actually think anyone has the ‘best’ exclusives, to be honest. There are a handful of really top-notch properly-exclusive games that I absolutely love and they’re spread liberally across all the platforms. To say that one company or another is the winner is to avoid the point that they’ve all made their fair share of duffers.

21. Christopher Jack

@20, I completely agree with your entire comment.

22. NiceFellow

Well the MS quote was clearly implying MS 1st party sells more and scores better – it’s right in the languague used – so it’s no suprise Patcher will respond to note that the MS view is wrong using those criteria.

Nintendo 1st party titles have higher overall average scores and sell way more than MS 1st party – actually I note with surprise everyone is counting Gears which is incorrect as it’s second party not first so remove Gears and MS position on true 1st party drops sharply.

Whatever individuals like is their view of course, but in terms of the two non subjective criteria available in the industry – critical reviews and sales – Nintendo are ahead of both MS and Sony this gen.

I myself prefer PS3/360 titles to Nintendo, but I’m not so blinkered by that to note that simply puts me in a (still large) minority and that Patcher is quite right on this one. Admittedly it would be hard to be wrong on this one – although MS recent foolish comments managed it.

23. Christopher Jack

@22, I mentioned Gears as it is currently a 360 exclusive & probably the best looking game for the console, as is Uncharted for the PS3. I am fully aware that the franchise could potentially end up on a competitors’ console because Epic owns the franchise, but as it currently stands, it’s a 360 exclusive.

24. Lewis247

Oh wow, this is like a school boy fight.
    “My exclusives are better than yours!”
    “NO! MY exclusives are better than yours!”

@20 Bravo, good sir. Bravo. Moaning about which is better is tedious and doesn’t get you anywhere. You just got to accept each of them have different games, some good and some bad. No one is really better than each other… they just have their own good offerings to the gaming industry.

25. Ge0force

#17 Seems you can’t understand that other people may like different kind of games than you do. Socom and MAG are not my style, but I really liked Heavenly Sword and R&C: Crack in Time is one of my favourite games this generation. Calling Killzone and Resistance shitty and retarted is… well, retarted, since they play and look better than most other FPS games out there.

26. Erthazus

“Seems you can’t understand that other people may like different kind of games than you do.”

I like every games genre and everyone can jerk of for the next zumb fitness game and call it a good game. I have no problem with that, i just have taste.

“but I really liked Heavenly Sword and R&C: Crack in Time ”

good for you, but if you liked these games you should play God Of war 3 and Super Mario Galaxy, because they are the best in that genre.

“Calling Killzone and Resistance shitty and retarted is… well, retarted, since they play and look better than most other FPS games out there.

Then most bad FPS games ? Oh sure, but i don’t play bad FPS games.
    Good FPS games “Today” are from VALVE, Irrational Games, Epic Games, DICE, 4A Games, GSC GW, ID Software, (maybe Crytek… but since Crysis Warhead and Crysis 2 was nothing special made), Starbreeze Studios (sometimes).
    These guys create awesome FPS games, not mediocre or OK stuff. These guys are PRO in FPS genre.

27. dreamcastnews

Personally, I have all three of the mentioned systems here, so I’d never argue for one or the other, they all have great games but the one thing I’d say is actually for true gamers; Microsoft haven’t got a leg to stand on, sure Forza, Gears & Halo are gamers games but Kinect stuff and even Fable now aren’t really comparable to what Sony & Nintendo are pushing out are they?

Sony to me have taken more risks in terms of new IP each system they produce but Nintendo play it safe which is fine, their games sell, occasionally they will take a ‘risk’ (Disaster, Xenoblade, Kororinpa et al) that usually doesn’t pay off for them.

Whoever mentioned Sega has the right idea, when they made hardware they were the biggest risk takers of all, Sega hardly milked their franchises back then (Sonic is debatable) but they pushed triple A exclusive after triple A exclusive but the mass market just didn’t want it hence why there is no Sega hardware anymore.

I don’t blame The big three for looking at Sega and thinking ‘fuck that’

28. DaMan

I think I’m going to refrain from checking the comment sections on this website from now on.

‘ I know that you are fucking retarded, but to think that you are that stupid comparing HS to GoW is beyond something. Please continue Retard, you amaze me with your knowledge… ‘

‘ you amaze me more in your stupidity. It’s like searching similarities in Half-Life and Portal. Both shooters and have silent characters.. both have shooting.. dU~Uh. buth teh ar similaH! ‘

29. Erthazus

HERP DERP I KNOW SHIT so i must say something at the comment section. I’m comparing genres you TWAT.

you need a doctor. Seriously. It’s so hard to talk with you because your brain is damaged.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heavenly_Sword – HS
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_of_war_3 – GOW3

They are both hack and slash games and Action adventure games with different gameplay mechanics. Thats it.

30. DaMan

You’ve clearly stated how the games are nothing alike, now you say exactly the opposite by insisting that GoW is better. As you said yourself, I can hardly describe Half Life as being a better game than Portal.

Believe, Erthazus. At this point you’ve convinced me 100 % that I shouldn’t really bother, Isn’t even worth it for the lulz. This is the last comment section I read, since you ‘re in practically every single one of them.

31. Erthazus

@30, GOW is better as a VALUE. Do you understand me or not? Of course not, because you see only your opinion. Well, i guess it’s your problem.
    super Mario Galaxy and Ratchet and Clank are different too, but SMG2 as the value and experience is much better.
    Half-Life and Portal both shooters with different gameplay mechanics, but they both have excellent mechanics, visuals and offer a lot more then games with the same genre.

“At this point you’ve convinced me 100 % that I shouldn’t really bother”

finally. Go away! :D less stupidity is always good.

32. DaMan

Keep telling yourself that, buddy. You’re either actually 15 years old, or just have immense trouble conveying your points in English. Well, the other variant being the famous r word.. This I understand, and very well.

You’ve clearly implied how one game is better at doing the same over there. While stating they’re nothing alike and shouldn’t be compared gameplay wise. No two ways around that.

Personally, I believe you’re just insane.

33. DaMan

Oh, and besides. Lmao, value really? You talk about value when the subject is taste? i think you need to look up the word ‘stupidity’, guy.

34. Erthazus

@32, “Keep telling yourself that, buddy.”

great argument as always. “Herp derp” at best. Your arguments in most cases consist of: “you are an idiot, 15 year old or just “insane”.”

so are you going away? Or your memory is so bad that you forgot what you wrote? ““At this point you’ve convinced me 100 % that I shouldn’t really bother””

:D

35. DaMan

Let me repost the argument(s).

You’ve clearly implied how one game is better at doing the same over there. While stating they’re nothing alike and shouldn’t be compared gameplay wise before. No two ways around that.

The second part means how the user above was saying he enjoyed the game since it appeals to their taste, GoW having a ‘better value’ doesn’t take away anything from that.

36. DaMan

More smileys, less sense. Thanks for proving my point that you’re 15 years old, guy. I take it that’s a way of telling me you’re happy and how it’s all ner ner ner, eh?

I said I ‘m not really into it after this comment section, I take it reading comprehension isn’t your thing either. Yeah, i just don’t think you’re funny anymore. more like scary tbh. This coupled with general increase of stupidity in here isn’t really worth it. I might as well start discussing stuff on Ign.

37. CycloneFox

Lately I was very disappointed by Pachter. But now that beats everything. He’s mixing up “exclusives” to “first party”, as if there were no difference.

Nintendo:

First Party Games (Nintendo) are Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Kirby, Donkey Kong, Xenoblade(80% owned by Nintendo, I’m really sad about this),
    -which are very great in this generation

Exclusive Games (Nintendo) are Golden Eye, Prof Layton, Okami-den, …
    -which are plenty, but just partly good (like the two titles above)

Sony:
    First Party Games (Sony) are Little Big Planet, Uncharted, Killzone, God of War, The Last Guardian, Gran Tourismo, Motor Storm, Sly Cooper,
    -which are great especially in this generation

Exclusive Games (Sony) are Metal Gear Solid 4/Peacewalker, Heavenly Sword, Ratched and Clank, Resistance, Atelier, Yakuza, Dust 514, Heavy Rain, White Knight, Valkyria Chronicles, Dissidia, Crisis Core, …
    -which are imo the best in this generation

Microsoft:

First Party Games (Microsoft) are Forza, Fable, Viva Piniata, Kameo,
    -which were not as good as in earlier generations and especially not as good as the other console manufacturer’s

Exclusive Games (Microsoft) are Alan Wake, Gears of War(2-3), Halo, Blue Dragon, Dead or Alive, Infinite Undiscovery, Lost Odyssey, Magna Carta, Ninty-Nine-Knights,
    -which are great

+ There is another problem about Microsoft’s “Exclusives”, because most of them just hold one year exclisivity, like Star Ocean 4, Eternal Sonata, Mass Effect, Limbo, … and after that come to PS3, or even Steam on PC.

As you can see, Microsoft Game Studio’s list of relevant games is pretty short and the exclusives are mostly not exclusive. That’s why Microsoft’s statement about first-party-titles is really more than questionable.
    If you go through the list of exclusives (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_games_exclusives_%28seventh_generation%29) and filter out the console-only exclusives, you will see that Sony has the longest list of relevant exclusives.
    (Even if you add DS games to Nintendo’s and PSP games to Sony’s, there are not as many good games on DS than on PSP)

Overall it has much to do with personal opinions. In my opinion there are not so many relevant exclusive and first of all first-party games on Xbox 360 (because MS has by far the smallest list of exclusives),
    there are really much exclusives on the Wii and DS, because of the unique hardware, but if you filter out the casual games, you just get plenty of relevant exclusives, but after all most of them are first party games!
    And Sony has even after filtering out the PSMove casual titles, the most games on PSP(sadly must just Japan, but there is no country code) and of course PS3. Here the weight between first-party and exclusive titles fits and there are the greatest titles because of exclusive games that stay exclusive and the best first party studios like Naughty Dog.

It’s a bit hard to say wether Sony of Nintendo now has the best first-party titles, overall Sony has more and better exclusives, but to speak only of first-party, IMO Sony has better first-party titles as well.

38. Christopher Jack

@37, I think it’d be easier to label 1st party games as publisher owned games because all previous Sly games were from Sucker Punch, a 3rd party dev & the upcoming PS3 title is from yet another 3rd party dev but the franchise is owned by Sony.

P.S. You forgot the recent inFamous, yet another Sony owned franchise developed by their 3rd party mates, Sucker Punch-I hope Sony pick them up while they still can, they’ve proven to be able to make great games given the single console, I saw Insomniacs new game & although it’s in early stages, I’m not too fond of it.

39. triggerhappy

@ #24 Lewis247 – What you said. Each to their own. Personal preference. Different tastes. What you think is good isn’t necessarily what someone else considers good, and any other sentence that means the same ;)

Pachter probably watches these threads laughing his little head off and rubbing his little hands together :P

40. Christopher Jack

@39, Erthazus has a really hard time understanding that concept, so if you don’t like an elitist know-it-all, ignore his comments

41. Clupula

@38 – those would actually be considered Second Party titles, not third. Third would not be published or owned by Sony.

42. OlderGamer

“It’s funny how you’re trying to discredit everyone’s opinions with sweeping statements about how anyone who disagrees with you is “young” and ignorant.”

Not really. I think there is a large number of gamers out there that grew up playing Sony consoles. PSx and PS2 are legend to them. Those gamers would argue that the best games are on and have always been on a Playstation.

Then you have gamers that cut their console teeth with a Nintendo system. Be that NES, SNES, or Gameboy. And to those people, presumably older then the ones that grew up with PS controlers, they have fond memories of Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, Metriod and so on. At that point in time there was no Playstation. The first Metal Gear game I played on the NES.

So yea, I think age has a lot to do with how gamers would precieve a subject like this.

If your looking for something a bit more weighted in facts, take a look at sales this gen. Take a look at first party/exclusive Nintendo games over all gens. Even during the Gamecube days, when PS2 ruled the gaming shelves, Paper Mario, Mario Kart, and Smash Bros sold extremly well. PSx rules the 32bit gen, yet Golden Eye and Super Mario 64 are legend.

Like em or not, they sell very very well. And in a gaming world were shelves are clogged with crap, I have recently rediscovered Nintendo games so to speak. And I am amazed at how well they play and how much fun can be had on a game like Mario Galaxy, and I just bought Mario Kart Wii – lots of fun playing couch co-op.

Games shouldn’t be about raw graphics/power. They shouldn’t be about gore. Or about sex apeal. They aren’t about stories either(look at La Nore – basicly a 60usd crime novel, and a weak story to boot). Games aren’t about being cool, “if I own all TEH CoOlEsT, then I am cOOl too” – nope.

Games should be about one simple thing. Fun. Thats it. Its not complicated really. They just need to be fun.

Of course different people will think different things are fun. Thats taste and preferance. And thats ok. But if judging on sales alone, there are a aweful lot of folks that like Nintendos games. And no they aren’t just kids and soccer moms.

Nintendo has a formula, they stick to it and it works. It is very hard to argue against them for it.

43. fedcba

Isn’t this shit becoming redundant by now? Here we have an article based on the thoughts of Michale Pachter, Who hasn’t been accurate about shit this entire generation! Who has the best in my opinion as a owner of all four platforms(pc included). Nintendo has a nostalgic 1st party lineup, people are always going to pick them because of this.. However that doesn’t translate into the best. Nintendo problem is the same thing that people here and Pachter are giving them credit for. Seriously the wii had smash bro, kirby, DK , LOZ TWP smg 1& 1.5(come on it was the same fucking game lol)MK, wii fit and their biggest seller wii sport(a tech demo). How much more mario can we stand.. Microsoft has a non-existence 1st party lineup, which is why they promote 3rd party titles more. Forza, Halo, Gears(which is going multiplat)alan wake(LOL) Fable(which hasn’t been good since 1 on xbox). Rare a brilliant studio is making clothes for avatars.. Really! Sony, who out of the three have more variation of exclusives. LBP, Uncharted, KZ, R1 R2&3, Mlb, GT, InF1&2, TWM, Starhawk etc. Sony problem is too many thing in one genre overshadowing each other. KZ R3 Sc4 overshadow each other,Unc inf overshadow each other.. etc. To me it about the new ip, this is what keeps the system relevant. for that I have to give the slight edge to Sony. Gears is the only thing i want for 360 this year, Skyward sword only thing for Wii, Ps3. Uncharted, R3, Twm, God of war collection, ICo Shadow of Colosuss collection, Infamous, journey, Racthet and Clink A41. You can’t deny their lineup.

44. OlderGamer

@43 Thats fine and all, but just don’t compare sales numbers between the three systems and their said exclusives. You won’t like the results.

45. fedcba

@44 Yeah Nintendo numbers are the best sale wise of the three, no question. However, the question is not based on sales.. It’s about who is putting out the best exclusive titles. Yeah Sony 1st party titles might not sale the numbers of the other two off launch.. But! Its well documented that ps3 titles continue to sale over the life of the console.. Wii does this too but that’s because theirs nothing else worth buying or playing on the system.. Ergo, Wii u. Like i said i own all three and they only have one Ip this year.. They have to start doing new IPs, Wii u is not going to be successful just relying on third party mult-plat titles or just having Mario and Link in HD.

46. YoungZer0

@17:

“Anyway, if someone thinks that Sony’s 1st party games are TEH best in the business you are mistaken a lot or just a SONY fanboy.”

Ah, the typical Erth Defense: “Either you’re wrong or stupid.”