Harada: Tekken x Street Fighter development at “zero percent”

Monday, 18th July 2011 09:45 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Tekken producer Katsuhiro Harada has said that development on Tekken x Street Fighter is currently at “zero percent,” but that it’s at five percent in his mind.

Harada made the admission to GeekIn at Japan Expo in Paris a couple of weeks back.

“Currently, the development of Tekken x Street Fighter is at zero percent. It’s developing about five percent in my head,” he said.

“I was really busy and also SF x Tekken and the Tekken x SF were not originally in the line-up. We were also working on Tekken Tag Tournament 2 at that time, so we haven’t got on the development of Tekken x Street Fighter. But Tag 2 is nearly finished, so when I get back from Paris, I plan to start working on that game.”

He added that he was seeking fan feedback on who to include in the game.

“At the moment, through Twitter, we’re asking people to send us suggestions on what characters to include in the new game. I especially want Street Fighter players to let us know which characters they want to see in the series.”

It echoes comments from Harada back in Dubai during Namco Bandai’s LevelUp event in Dubai.

The other title in the deal, Street Fighter x Tekken, launches next year for PS3 and 360 from Capcom.

Find the full video below.

1. YoungZer0

Why even admit such a thing?

2. Maximum Payne

@1 And that isn’t even first time, just look at first RELATED POSTS :)

3. Hybridpsycho

@1 & 2
    People here on are never happy with anything eh? Isn’t it nice that they’re being honest and telling us that it’s not actually in development so people don’t sit and “wait” for the game or hoping it will release shortly after Sf x Tekken.

I think it’s nice that he’s open with it.

4. xino

i doubt it!

the first time i heard this news, I was surprised.
    but when i saw this news on vg24/7 and with that header picture, it reminded me of what they showed previously. We can say the game is at 10% done but not moving. I mean Ryu’s character model is WiP, even the title design is done already.

So he can’t be saying the game is 0% done.

5. KAP

He said 5%…. FIVE!

6. xino

and that girl is nice man!
    nice piece of meat!