Report – US release of Xenoblade Chronicles not looking good

Thursday, 23rd June 2011 20:06 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Mathieu Minel, marketing manager of Nintendo France, has told a French television program that it’s unlikely Xenoblade Chronicles will see a release in the US.

Speaking during an appearance on Nolife, a television station for “geeks, nerds, and otakus,” in France, Minel said Nintendo of Europe wanted to show off the game during E3, but NOA didn’t want to show products it wouldn’t be selling.

We’ll send a mail on this, to be sure. So don’t start crying just yet. We are holding our tears back with all the fortitude we can muster at the moment.

Xenoblade Chronicles is to be released in Europe during September, and will come with a special Classic Controller for Wii.

Thanks, Nintendo World Report.

1. dreamcastnews

Smells of collectable to me… I’m having it.

2. Suikoden Fan

well america did get Arc Rise Fantasia when we didn’t

3. varsas

Isn’t that a bit odd? Usually RPGs are released in the States. I’m guessing this means we definitely won’t be getting Last Story anywhere?

4. dreamcastnews

I didn’t get that either … Surely with European language translation vs America/Canada with English and French it’d make more sense for it to be released there, but hey, I’m not complaining!

5. Hunam

I think at the moment niche games are selling better in europe than america. Some stuff like Professor Layton did fantastic here but bombed in america. Been other instances with the Wii and more core style games too but I can’t remember. Basically, america can’t be arsed with the wii anymore outside of first party stuff like mario, donkey kong and kirby.

6. brotherhoodofthewolf

naughty. he surely shouldn’t be speaking for the american market