Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary announced for November

Monday, 6th June 2011 18:21 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Microsoft has announced a remastered version of Halo: Combat Evolved. It will contain co-op, remastered looks. Seven of the most popular multiplayer maps and more.

The long rumored remastering of the first Halo has been updated for Xbox Live, with the aforementioned goodies.

It’s out on November 15.

[pic]

1. Blerk

Is this disc-based or XBLA?

2. xino

its a good thing campaign is co-op enabled!

3. Erthazus

@1, disc of course… LOL. It’s Microsoft.

4. Phoenixblight

THey also put games on XBL there are quite a few of them if you would look.

5. Mike

Disc-based, but lower price.

Reach engine for Multiplayer.

6. ManuOtaku

I never played the Multiplayer aspect of halo prior to reach, and knowing that this is my favorite halo game of the franchise i cannot wait in order to play it again on the single player front and of course on the multiplayer, even though i will get my nalgas kicked 8D

7. SuperCrazyLeprechaun

sigh i need to get a damn job.

8. OrbitMonkey

If this comes bundled with a slim 360 I can see myself making a silly purchase in November o_O

9. DaMan

I’m wondering about the multiplayer in this remake, ie will there be bloom from Reach?

10. Gadzooks!

I really cant wait for this. I’ve been wanting a CE remake since the 360 launched because playing it through BC isnt quite right. The framerate isnt quite as good as it was on the ol’ box.

I kinda hope it’s a disc release, partly because the achievements will be better. Reach had some sweet achievements like hijacking a banshee on one mission or catching the stealthed elite at the start of one chapter.

They are good examples of achievements which get you to try things you would normally overlook.

On the other hand, a 1200 or 1600 point download would also be super sweet.

Either way I can see it selling 5-6 million easy.