Extended SSX gameplay video shows more Mac action

Saturday, 4th June 2011 21:21 GMT By Johnny Cullen

IGN’s released an extended gameplay video of SSX, following up on its first showing yesterday. The video, which shows newly-announced Mac, shows how the mountain landscape change whenever you perform a tricky. Get it after the break.

SSX releases in January 2012 for PS3 and 360.

1. onlineatron

Not digging it yet. The mountain needs more pizazz, and that shockwave effect looks jank.

Pre-Alpha though, so plenty of time to get my attention.

2. minxamo

Well I don’t know what ‘jank’ means but it seemed pretty good, albeit distracting, to me.

3. DarkElfa

I’d prefer a snowboard game that gave you more of a mountain experience instead of making the mountain look like something out of Tron.

4. Kloud

Not a fan of the shockwave effect myself, but if you’re wanting more of a mountain experience… SSX isn’t quite the the style of snowboarding game for you. It’s well-known for it’s over the top air and tricks after all. On the contrary I find the in depth and technical snowboarding games to get boring more quickly, but that’s just me.

5. MadFingerz

Yeah, I’m less impressed now, that shockwave thing looks silly.

6. someguy2

I like the idea of a changing landscape. I don’t like that the landscape that changes is really close to you. Hopefully the way the geometry changes is decided by an AI so it’s different most times.

7. Amaterasu

It’s not the shockwave as such but the slow-motion that accompanies it that needs to go. Kind of breaking up the flow.

8. Nozz

That shockwave effect looks as though it would become annoying on the more challenging tracks or even multiplayer..

They should have just made SSX Tricky 2.

9. Len

Less tricks, more racing pls. Ain’t gonna happen. /Hugs 1080′…

10. Asterixx