Square Enix confirms E3 line-up, Type-0 and VXIII missing

Thursday, 2nd June 2011 16:13 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Square Enix just confirmed its E3 line-up for next week, including showings of Final Fantasy XIII-2, Tomb Raider and Hitman: Absolution.

FFXIII-2 will also be playable on the showfloor.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Dungeon Siege III and Deep Silver and Techland’s Dead Island, being published by the company in the US, will also be shown next week.

An “anime-style” MMO known as Wafku and recently-announced 3DS title Heroes of Ruin round off the line-up.

There’s no room on the list, however, for Final Fantasy Versus XIII and Final Fantasy Type-0. Final Fantasy XIV PS3 is also missing from the list.

Here’s the full line-up:

• Final Fantasy XIII-2
  • Dead Island
  • Deus Ex: Human Revolution
  • Tomb Raider
  • Hitman: Absolution
  • Dungeon Siege III
  • Wafku
  • Heroes of Ruin

1. Erthazus

Thats just evil.

FFXIII-2 probably is coming this winter and Versus is not.

whats wrong?

2. Razor

Fuck sake. Versus is never coming out.

3. Prof.Dr.Moertel

Oh come on, you gotta be kidding me. They are really supporting the crappiest Final Fantasy game ever by releasing a spin-off but at the same time, they seem to completely ignore a very promising concept. I´m disapointed Square….

4. locus2k1

Versus could be being held off for TGS… or perhaps they want to make a surprise announcement about it no longer a PS3 exclusive. Who knows, perhaps Microsoft or Nintendo have something hidden away about it.

5. Fin

Tomb Raider, ledge.

6. ManuOtaku

I dont know why are you complaining that theres not Versus on the list, man see it closely it has f**ing freaking Wafku man 8D, what more can you ask.

7. Monk

But Nomura confirmed that Versus will have a big update in E3 !

8. Dralen

If Versus just isn’t ready, that’s fair enough. I would rather they kept delaying the game and made it the best it can possibly be, than just release the game now when it’s could have been alot better.

9. ultramega

I’m very much looking forward to XIII-2. I feel it’s a phenomenal game; don’t really care what the rest of you think.

10. Espers

@1 @2 Usually all New Final Fantasy Games take their first debut in TOKYO GAME SHOW and not at E3. Simply because Final Fantasy is best sold in Japan more like a Gundam Heritage Thing ^_^

@9 I am also excited too. It is very natural it gets released before Versus XIII because it isn’t built from scratch, however this delay is a good sign since they don’t want it to be another FF-X-2. I think they’re working on a good story.

I hope However to slow the motion a little because I was barley able to keep-up with the CG cut-scenes in FF-XIII.