Star Wars Kinect gets short live-action E3 teaser

Wednesday, 1st June 2011 13:18 GMT By Debabrata Nath

Microsoft’s released a brief live-action teaser for Star Wars Kinect, featuring a curious R2-D2 examining the camera before freaking out after it nods back at him. And that’s it. No, really, that is it. Expect the Terminal Reality game, first announced last year, to be part of Microsoft’s E3 presser on Monday. Watch it below

1. Blerk

I’m detecting a faint whiff of fail.

2. StolenGlory

Only faint?

3. Blerk

I was trying to be polite. :-D

4. Moonwalker1982

What the hell is it with the negativity, it’s showing ZERO of the game, jeez. And people are already negative, let’s give it a chance.

5. Jan

Looks awesome, I can’t wait to wave my stick around :D

6. PapaJustify

That was awkward. And not in a funny or interesting way! D: I love Star Wars, but this…? Gameplay better impresses…!

7. Blerk

Negativity’s what we do best, man.

It doesn’t help that the promo film there is terrible, of course.

8. StolenGlory

Given the limitations of Kinect in the sense of a traditional control system, and also given that the target footage shown made the game out to be most uninspiring kind of on-rails experience imaginable, I can’t really say that I harbour much hope at all for this.

Don’t get me wrong though, i’d love to be surprised; i’m just setting my own expectations accordingly is all.

And yeah, the promo film was complete tosswank.

9. Yoshi

Anyone remember that? Enough said XD

10. Gurdil

I’ve been waiting for a good Kinect game since… Well since the beginning. So I refuse to give up on this one before even seeing a glimpse of it. Plus, you gotta admit you dreamt of waving a light saber when you were kids, right? I know I did and I’m planning on letting my inner child out if this game turns out to be even ok (isn’t it the reason why we’re all waiting for the Duke’s return? Just for the fun we had with those games when we were kids? ^^)
    That being said, this “teaser” IS lame!

11. daytripper

whenever i see anything about this game i always think of

:D

12. bluffbluff03

@8 Without having seen any concepts or gameplay of SW Kinect I would be still exited.

At least I dont know whats your problem with the video. Looks quite funny and it is just a teasing! Just a simply teasing for the MS press. .
    I mean it is obvious that a hardware like kinect is not very famous on such a “core” site. But it is a question of respectability to give it a chance.